Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wilf has come back to England from International Duty due to injury

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=44905

Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi is no longer in contention to play his first game under Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro.

The Nigeria Football Federation brought bad news from Algeria this morning, stating that Ndidi is injured and out of the game against Algeria.

Ndidi has left the Nigeria camp and returned to England for a proper medical check-up ahead of Leicester City's first game after the international break against Nottingham Forest.

Could well be a blessing in disguise which is scandalous given how good he's been for us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Also means Rodgers has the excuse of lack of height when Forest score from 3 set pieces against us :D

I put something on the Forest match thread about a post I had seen on the Forest forum about how tall our side is compared to theirs and we will beat them in the air from set pieces lol

I’m intrigued to see how small they can be for that to be the case!

• 2 weeks later...

I think ol Ricky is done for. Poor guy is turning into a dead horse that’s been flogged to death. Such a shame for a player with so much quality & talent.

he could have been playing in the World Cup too this year but bless him he’s trying to come back (yet again)!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

I think ol Ricky is done for. Poor guy is turning into a dead horse that’s been flogged to death. Such a shame for a player with so much quality & talent.

he could have been playing in the World Cup too this year but bless him he’s trying to come back (yet again)!

Out of his orthopaedic boot now

With the World Cup I think he has a good chance of being back for the 2nd half of the season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Good thing we tied him down with a 5 year contract then

Anything been said about any injuries/knocks after last night? 

Ndidi probably only planned to play one half after returning early from internationals. 

Maddison took a knock after a challenge. 

Evans was limping towards the end too. 

Hopefully nothing serious for any of them or anyone else. 

How’s the team?

“Wilf Ndidi will probably be out for a little bit. He had a hamstring strain. He recovered well, but it was sore again. He will miss a few weeks. Papy Mendy has an issue with his knee so he will struggle. Everyone else is fine

Mendy?

“It was just a clash of knees in training. It’s swollen. He’s unlikely for the weekend, but will hopefully join the team after that.”

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

How’s the team?

“Wilf Ndidi will probably be out for a little bit. He had a hamstring strain. He recovered well, but it was sore again. He will miss a few weeks. Papy Mendy has an issue with his knee so he will struggle. Everyone else is fine

Ndidi missing could be a good thing, I think a run of games for Soumare could do us and him the world of good. Especially against weaker opposition.  

I thought he looked really motivated against forest.  I think he looks like hes starting to settle 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Ndidi missing could be a good thing, I think a run of games for Soumare could do us and him the world of good. Especially against weaker opposition.  

I thought he looked really motivated against forest.  I think he looks like hes starting to settle 

You know, I gave myself 2 minutes of being happy before realising that Brendan is probably now going to throw away all that progress and move us back to a 352 bEcAuSe We cAnT dEfEnD wItHoUt WiLf

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was Ndidi unnecessarily risked against Forest? Or was it just a recurrence? 

If Soumare gets injured we don't have anyone to fill that gap... 

It was unnecessary, but if you were Rodgers you HAD to win that game or get the sack, so I can understand Ndidi being played. It is of course a cock-up for us with Mendy also out and Choudhury at Watford.

I think the Forest game said a lot about behind the scenes:

- I don't think Rodgers wants to get sacked. Maybe he did earlier in the season, but he's not trying to orchestrate his own sacking in say the way Mourinho did. 

- The players are 100% playing for Rodgers, even players like Tielemans. Maybe with the exception of Soyuncu, who we've not seen at all.

- Top still likes Brendan and didn't want to sack him, but was prepared to do it if he had to.

- I think Top was relieved that he didn't have to sack the manager. I think he has a good relationship with BR.

- Top still cares for the club. He was fist pumping and celebrating with the rest of us.  

Of course I might be reading too much into it, and in football things can change fast. See Claudio Ranieri! But despite being in the relegation zone, we look like a team that is playing for their manager and for one another. Forest look like a bunch of strangers, and arguably Wolves are the worst team in terms of team spirit right now, hence their managerial change. 

• Like 2

I thought we would have learned by now not to risk players. Wilf was clearly injured on international duty and was risked and rushed back for Forest when he shouldn't have been.

This will be his obligatory 2/3 month spell on the sidelines now.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

It was unnecessary, but if you were Rodgers you HAD to win that game or get the sack, so I can understand Ndidi being played. It is of course a cock-up for us with Mendy also out and Choudhury at Watford.

- I don't think Rodgers wants to get sacked. Maybe he did earlier in the season, but he's not trying to orchestrate his own sacking in say the way Mourinho did. 

- The players are 100% playing for Rodgers, even players like Tielemans. Maybe with the exception of Soyuncu, who we've not seen at all.

- Top still likes Brendan and didn't want to sack him, but was prepared to do it if he had to.

- I think Top was relieved that he didn't have to sack the manager. I think he has a good relationship with BR.

- Top still cares for the club. He was fist pumping and celebrating with the rest of us.  

Of course I might be reading too much into it, and in football things can change fast. See Claudio Ranieri! But despite being in the relegation zone, we look like a team that is playing for their manager and for one another. Forest look like a bunch of strangers, and arguably Wolves are the worst team in terms of team spirit right now, hence their managerial change. 

Pretty good take. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Whether it was win or get the sack or hobble through till November, rodgers doesn’t want to leave the club with us languishing at the foot of the table - that doesn’t help him get his next position.  his quick exit from: the ‘playing area’ on Monday evening meant something…. Not sure what though 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Whether it was win or get the sack or hobble through till November, rodgers doesn’t want to leave the club with us languishing at the foot of the table - that doesn’t help him get his next position.  his quick exit from: the ‘playing area’ on Monday evening meant something…. Not sure what though 

Rather than it 'meaning something' perhaps he wanted the players to enjoy their time with happy fans and didn't want to spoil it by giving the boo boys a chance if he went over to the fans.

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Rather than it 'meaning something' perhaps he wanted the players to enjoy their time with happy fans and didn't want to spoil it by giving the boo boys a chance if he went over to the fans.

Rodgers’ biggest mistake with us is he didn’t connect with the fans as much as he could have done. I don’t think he’s been as awful at that as some fans would make out, but when Pearson and Ranieri were struggling, most fans were with them. We still sang Ranieri’s name in his last match, and again in the one immediately after! 

I think Rodgers could have gotten more from the fans if he interacted with us a bit more or was more respectful. And I feel the best managers pull that off. MON for us was a great example. 

Given this is the injuries thread I’d also say that his use of injured players lost him respect with many fans. In this instance I understand it though. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1