Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Evans?

“We’ll decide on that tomorrow. If it’s Saturday or Tuesday. It's been slower than we would have hoped.”

Ricardo?

“He’s working very well. It’ll be January for him. Mentally he’s doing really well.”

So that’s Boxing Day for Evans and Easter for Ricky ….

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

What does that mean for Bertrand? 

Is he still here? The team must be completely ignoring this guy like he’s become part of the furniture in the gym.

Christ sake how can I man be out for so long? Can he even remember how to kick a ball?

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

he normally comes back for a few games then gets injured again. he's been getting regular injuries ever since his acl a few years ago

I find it bizarre how often fans write off players when they endure a spell of injuries. Why the certainty? Why the authority on the subject? You can't possibly know, so proudly proclaiming that a player is finished only serves to make you look a bit daft to be honest.

It isn't as though he keeps suffering set backs on the same injury.

It's perfectly plausible that he recovers from this particular injury and then never gets injured again.

Or he might just turn out to be one of those players that is more injury prone and he'll continue to pick up injuries for the rest of his career with different levels of severity. 

Absolutely no evidence to suggest he's finished. As others have pointed out, he was reaching a really high level before his most recent injury.

Injuries are a part of the game. We seem to get more than our fair share, which I suspect is attributable to Rodgers' methods. But when the same player picks up a few injuries it's just as likely they're unlucky than they are finished. Perhaps it proves that they're not a freak of nature like Vardy, but that's fine. 

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

Bertrand?

“I think a bit of time away. I’ve got no immediate plans for Ryan. We’ll see how he goes.”

Justin?

“Sadly, he’ll have an operation tonight. He’s ruptured his Achilles. A huge disappointment. He probably would have been close to Gareth’s plans. We’re hugely disappointed for him. We’ve lost two top players to that. It will probably put him out for most of the season. We wish him a speedy recovery.”

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why would he agree to that? This is the last ‘proper’ contract of his career. Its an EFL salary for him at best next year if he carries on

You're not wrong but as a club we should be trying to force him out. Or at the very least keep him off the squad list so we can sign someone in January.