Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

29 minutes ago, Dames said:

Surely its mutual termination territory now? He's not going to be fit and he's taking up a place in the squad. It's time to cut our losses.

He on 70k a week, most football contract are until the 30th of June so that 19 weeks of pay a cool £1.3m.

He not going to walk away, even if we tell him to train with the kids he will just sit it out.

Bertrand is just frustrating the club have to resolve his contract. The club cannot afford to carry a player this long with no end in site or returning it’s crazy!

really bummed for JJ. I honestly think the guy was starting to get back to his former best. Question I have is how are these Achilles injuries happening? Is it improper stretching? Was he Ignoring and niggly signs beforehand? Was he fatigued or red lining? These injuries don’t just happen. Our physios are some of the best there is they should know the condition of each and every one of their players.

gonna be a really nervous weekend now in the premier league. Hammers vs Lester all eyes on madders and rice. Hope they come thru safely 

33 minutes ago, Dames said:

Surely its mutual termination territory now? He's not going to be fit and he's taking up a place in the squad. It's time to cut our losses.

Not the time for this kind talk. Let’s see how his recovery goes and judge him then. He needs our support and best wishes.

42 minutes ago, Dames said:

if he’s injured we will be receiving insurance money. If we release him, we just pay it up front. Makes more sense to have him rotting at the club 

47 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Bertrand is just frustrating the club have to resolve his contract. The club cannot afford to carry a player this long with no end in site or returning it’s crazy!

really bummed for JJ. I honestly think the guy was starting to get back to his former best. Question I have is how are these Achilles injuries happening? Is it improper stretching? Was he Ignoring and niggly signs beforehand? Was he fatigued or red lining? These injuries don’t just happen. Our physios are some of the best there is they should know the condition of each and every one of their players.

gonna be a really nervous weekend now in the premier league. Hammers vs Lester all eyes on madders and rice. Hope they come thru safely 

Yes they can. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

These injuries don’t just happen

They really do. Especially with athletes who are consistently operating at maximum levels - they're pushing themselves all the time, constantly right on the edge of something simply breaking.

53 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Our physios are some of the best there is

Exactly. So don't you think they probably know (even) more about this stuff than we do on here?

FPL are actually really good at tracking injuries, they usually put unknown when there’s not been public info, but for ricardo they have feb 7th (villa game) as his expected return. 

Last i saw brendan mentioned january so i wonder where they got that date from? 

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

FPL are actually really good at tracking injuries, they usually put unknown when there’s not been public info, but for ricardo they have feb 7th (villa game) as his expected return. 

Last i saw brendan mentioned january so i wonder where they got that date from? 

I think it will be January when he is back in training?

Then you can usually tag another month or so on to that until he would be ready to feature in a match

On 10/11/2022 at 15:17, cruzFOX said:

.....I cannot agree with you on this one!!!

I would suggest some of their conditioning practices are part of the problem. We have debated the importance of their department in relation to feedback to the manager, some time ago, and I still believe they do not advocate enough for the players.

On 10/11/2022 at 15:22, Lad1966 said:

Not the time for this kind talk. Let’s see how his recovery goes and judge him then. He needs our support and best wishes.

....he is not going to come back at a level that we will be looking to utilize him in games!!!

Covid has had a profound effect on him and long covid is an issue he cannot overlook. Whether he is still being covered by insurance or the club has him in the last season of his contract, he needs to be making plans for his career. Look into coaching and take the opportunity to learn while you have for all intents and purposes a year to hone your skills and knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m so done with Evans’s constant injury problems. His replacement needs to be brought in asap. Can’t have a squad carrying a key player like that. I love the great man but his body is breaking down on a regular basis. There’s only so much duct tape you can wrap around to keep him together. Times up on his career.

• Like 1

As for Ricky it will be a Miracle if he plays for us this season let alone be any good.

I'm not giving up him but he’s another one we cannot rely on anymore due to injuries concerns. I’m sure the recruiting dept has a good handle on this 

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

As for Ricky it will be a Miracle if he plays for us this season let alone be any good.

I'm not giving up him but he’s another one we cannot rely on anymore due to injuries concerns. I’m sure the recruiting dept has a good handle on this 

If he's on the anti-grav he's got a chance of making a good part of the second half of the season. However, surely as a club you've got to look at him and just say we're going to do whats right by you, not rush it, build you back up over an extended period and make sure we have no doubts for pre-season. The biggest issue is always rehab protocols getting condensed to get a player back in the squad. For half a season we may just need to lean on younger players as cover if required and bite the bullet to give a player we recently invested in with another contract the best chance to come up good for the club. Obviously, there also isn't any guarantee that it would prevent another injury.