Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Really don't get the decision making on giving Maddison more than 2 weeks off. Newcastle fans will run wild when he doesn't play vs them.

Agreed.

He's been training (Infact didn't he have what seems atleast the first week away with England not training?) but he's arguable had a holiday, he's no more or less tired than those who went warm weather training with Leicester, I'd have said last night would have been an ideal game to give him some match fitness in an easy, friendly albeit competitive type match.

7 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

I'm a massive Evans fan, but realistically we've already got more out of him than anyone likely expected.

I think the same way. The writing's been on the wall for some time. He's been an absolutely tremendous acquisition and served us phenomenally well. Every day extra we get is a plus.

Mercury reported from the same interview Maddison is back in training this week:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/mk-dons-v-leicester-city-7951269

Maddison?

“It’s just getting him up to speed. He’ll be training this week. He’s good. He was training with England every session. He’s fine. It’s just a question of getting him up to speed. He came back a little bit later than the other guys, so he wasn’t quite up to speed for starting.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Really don't get the decision making on giving Maddison more than 2 weeks off. Newcastle fans will run wild when he doesn't play vs them.

2 weeks off?

France game was 10th Dec back in UK on the 11th a Sunday, he then had 1 week with his family and started back at training on Monday 19th with a game on the Tuesday which he hadn’t been around for the preparation work so was never going to play in.

He’s training all this week ready for Boxing Day.

• Like 4

He came back a little bit later than the other guys, so he wasn’t quite up to speed for starting.”

I don't get that. You lose match fitness after a couple of days not training? He's been training, presumably with an intensity to be ready to play (he was on the subs bench, no?) I would have thought it was the perfect match to reacclimatise etc. I've no gripes over him not playing, it's just the reason seems a little weird.

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

2 weeks off?

France game was 10th Dec back in UK on the 11th a Sunday, he then had 1 week with his family and started back at training on Monday 19th with a game on the Tuesday which he hadn’t been around for the preparation work so was never going to play in.

He’s training all this week ready for Boxing Day.

Yeah sorry, I read Chris Davies quotes as he still wasn't back this week, hence I said he's been given 2 weeks off since we got knocked out.

• Like 1

Maddison

“We’re going to give it every chance to see where he’s at. He’s had some ongoing issues with his knee. We’ll assess that.”

Alves

“We lost one of our young talents Will Alves. He wanted to play in the Youth Cup game the night after. He was taken out with one of the worst challenges I’ve seen on a football field. Such a shame for a player making a mark. That’s a disappointing one for us. We wish him a speedy recovery. It’ll be the rest of the season he’ll be out for. He’ll have an operation.”

Ricardo

“He’s doing very well. We’re hoping at some point in January he can rejoin the group."

Evans

"Evans is not so good. Jonny had an injury against Troyes. He’ll be out for a period of time with his calf."

KDH

"Kiernan’s fine. He’s recovered and trained yesterday and today.”

Bertrand

“Ryan’s out on the field but not near to playing yet. He’s progressed from inside to outside."

Justin

"JJ’s working behind the scenes and doing his strength work.”

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maddison

“We’re going to give it every chance to see where he’s at. He’s had some ongoing issues with his knee. We’ll assess that.”

Alves

“We lost one of our young talents Will Alves. He wanted to play in the Youth Cup game the night after. He was taken out with one of the worst challenges I’ve seen on a football field. Such a shame for a player making a mark. That’s a disappointing one for us. We wish him a speedy recovery. It’ll be the rest of the season he’ll be out for. He’ll have an operation.”

Ricardo

“He’s doing very well. We’re hoping at some point in January he can rejoin the group."

Evans

"Evans is not so good. Jonny had an injury against Troyes. He’ll be out for a period of time with his calf."

KDH

"Kiernan’s fine. He’s recovered and trained yesterday and today.”

Bertrand

“Ryan’s out on the field but not near to playing yet. He’s progressed from inside to outside."

Justin

"JJ’s working behind the scenes and doing his strength work.”

Betrand - eff me. He's finally gone 'outside'. 

I think replacement for Evans is a priority. One injury away from a Vesty nightmare in CD.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Betrand - eff me. He's finally gone 'outside'. 

I think replacement for Evans is a priority. One injury away from a Vesty nightmare in CD.

I’m pretty sure if anything happened to Amartey or Faes then N’didi would come in over that lamp post. But yes agreed a cb is the priority in January 

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Maddison was from before, Evans is often playing with knocks and a youngster has been clobbered. 

Maddison was training with England, no?

He went injured, he then trained, I get it, it's on their watch but it still remains, last we heard, he was training, arguably pushing for a start?

KDH?

Evans is done.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Maddison was training with England, no?

I get it, it's on their watch but it still remains, he was training.

KDH?

Evans is done.

Maddison one is ongoing to be fair. He missed the first 2 England games through the same injury so I guess it’s still bothering him.

I assume it’s being managed for months now. 

Totally agree on Evans. We shouldn’t be renewing his contract. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

Yeh agree replacing evans has to be a top top priority. Should have been anyway but alarm bells ringing in the recruiting dept now. Similar cannot rely on him with all his injury issues. His position impacts the team too much to ignore. Do we have anyone lined up that could be a good replacement?