Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

Were those behind closed door friendlies not played intensely enough to prepare for the return to competitive action? Have we changed our pre-match warm up? Is the Christmas schedule of matches close together not ideal for the return to action? Are the pitches reacting to not being played on much recently (getting desperate there). Can Batman save our remaining heroes from the clutches of the fiddler of fitness levels??? Find out (or not) next time! :dunno:

1 minute ago, Dames said:

3 muscular injuries to players that didnt go to the WC and had 6 weeks alone with Rodgers. 

Its definitely his methods. 

Phrasing of "six weeks alone with Rogers" ... Just brings images of Rogers locked in a room with each of the players for the six weeks roleplaying as a physio whipping out the deep heat and his notebook. 

Well, thats my nightmares sorted for tonight, thanks. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Sandwhale said:

Already seen fingers pointed at Rogers for the injuries, as though he's a puppet master pulling the strings of everyone in the club. As though the medical dept in particular, but also the player themselves aren't responsible for their wellbeing. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-backroom-revamp-explained-4526442

He also doesn't rotate the squad, just plays the same players until they get injured.

Said it before though, feels harsh to place this all on Rogers shoulders. I get that he's an easy visible target, but surely more responsibility should be put on the player and the medical team. 

On knows first hand how they're doing physically and the other has training to know the limits of a body. 

Rogers choosing a player to start doesn't mean they should snap like a twiglet in the first 5 mins

Edited by Sandwhale

13 minutes ago, Dames said:

3 muscular injuries to players that didnt go to the WC and had 6 weeks alone with Rodgers. 

Its definitely his methods. 

Spot on. Been saying this since the first champions league bottle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-backroom-revamp-explained-4526442

He also doesn't rotate the squad, just plays the same players until they get injured.

3 games in after a 6 week mid season break for the vast majority of them. They don’t need rotating.

They need a manager who’s methods don’t break them. 

I'm not saying we totally neglect sports science, but the idea of us not fully utilising it and squeezing all available value from it would seamlessly fit with the narrative that we are not thorough (set piece problem allowed to go on for far too long, lack of planning routines such as throw ins, etc etc.)

The whole club needs a slap in the face to wake the fvck up and get its ducks in a row. I only hope it doesn't require relegation to get there.

10 minutes ago, Sandwhale said:

Said it before though, feels harsh to place this all on Rogers shoulders. I get that he's an easy visible target, but surely more responsibility should be put on the player and the medical team. 

On knows first hand how they're doing physically and the other has training to know the limits of a body. 

Rogers choosing a player to start doesn't mean they should snap like a twiglet in the first 5 mins

It's much more than just choosing which players play on match day.

12 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

This isn't hard luck. He blatantly runs them to death in training. Ndidi next one if there was a bet on. 

I dont think there's very munch conditioning going on lol

Our players can't play with any intensity for longer than 20-30 minites

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's much more than just choosing which players play on match day.

True, but I still maintain that the physio and player have more involvement than Rogers. 

Rogers isn't a medical expert and so he's relying on others for that knowledge. If he's disregarding the advice he's being given by the medical team then there will be internal evidence of Rogers disregarding those memos/emails, which would lead to Rogers being held to account by the club management and more oversight/power given to the medical team in order to keep the players from getting crocked. 

If Rogers is disregarding advice from the medical team and there are no consequences from management then I'd say the fault lies with the management team for not doing their job. 

To me, the more likely scenario is that the player or medical team are idiots about fitness. 

1 minute ago, Sandwhale said:

True, but I still maintain that the physio and player have more involvement than Rogers. 

Rogers isn't a medical expert and so he's relying on others for that knowledge. If he's disregarding the advice he's being given by the medical team then there will be internal evidence of Rogers disregarding those memos/emails, which would lead to Rogers being held to account by the club management and more oversight/power given to the medical team in order to keep the players from getting crocked. 

If Rogers is disregarding advice from the medical team and there are no consequences from management then I'd say the fault lies with the management team for not doing their job. 

To me, the more likely scenario is that the player or medical team are idiots about fitness. 

Fact is we don't know.

Ultimately the manager of the football club is responsible for the team around him.

One of the reasons for Pearson's success with us was his investment in his sports science team. 

I'm not saying bring Pearson back, but what I am saying is that a successful club works seamlessly behind the scenes.

Clearly, that isn't the case and hasn't been for a long time.