Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

The new contract for Pereira was another poor example of our expenditure, as I said at the time. He has been injury prone for at least the last two years, and even worse, it's clear to see the injuries have hampered everything about his game, he simply can't get forward anymore.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Id only blame him for Wes :D

Playing a player with a muscle injury will always be short termist and ultimately stupid in my eyes.

Missed the game so no idea if the other two were impact injuries or muscular. If they're muscular/soft tissue then thats very concerning as its clear evidence of no improvement in the conditioning of our players.

Ok Doc x

54 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Poor Ricardo. His body just can’t hold up.

And we gave him a bumper new contract despite him not proving fitness for any length of time. 

I feel bad for the lad as he was one of the best right backs in the world at one point but his body cant cope with top level football anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dames said:

And we gave him a bumper new contract despite him not proving fitness for any length of time. 

I feel bad for the lad as he was one of the best right backs in the world at one point but his body cant cope with top level football anymore.

Felt at the the time we may-well have rushed that.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

as others have pointed out, he has previously played on with both an ACL and a fracture …….walking from the pitch with his foot hanging off is nothing ….

From where I was sat he looked to be walking pretty normally when going off which hopefully means it isn't a full tear or rupture or anything like that - if you do that you physically can't walk normally

Edited by moore_94

You have to feel for Ricardo who has had a number of niggles since his major injury. The way Rodgers was talking he sounded very concerned.

Of course Ricardo also had a bit of pace down the RW if called upon and that area looks very thin and we are only just starting the season. 

It sounds as if we are not accepting offers for Madders or Fofana so I'm not going worry too much about twitter rumours for now.

Edited by Edingleyfox

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From where I was sat he looked to be walking pretty normally when going off which hopefully means it isn't a full tear or rupture or anything like that - if you do that you physically can't walk normally

On the video feed, he was walking in a strange fashion - lifting one leg more carefully.  I do agree that it would be odd not to use a stretcher if they thought it was a full Achilles tear.