Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

Interested in why more isn’t being discussed about why our lads are dropping like flies again. Last season I was prepared to put it down to bad luck and be optimistic - but this is getting silly now.

What are the lads doing at Seagrave to keep falling like this? Because if we can get Danny to do the same ASAP, we could have a PL run with Iversen to see if he’d perform any better.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

I wonder how severe Praets injury is? Guessing it will see him staying put and not moving before window closes? 

Yep, seems to happen each window, as a coincidence! 

Looks like something twinged or pulled as he got the ball. It's not really a good sign when a player just pulls up with no pressure or players around him. 

• Like 1

I wonder how much our recent injury history is impacting our lack of aggression on the pitch.  With so many players recovering/recently recovered from injury all the time it must be at the back of their minds when going into a challenge that they don't want to aggravate the injury or set themselves back.  Or maybe they're all just soft as sh!t.

• Like 1

I am amazed the club have not ordered some sort of review as to why we are getting so many non contact injuries, work loads, training schedules, rest and recovery etc. Since Rodgers arrival there has been a dramatic increase and a number of players who prior had excellent fitness records now appear to be completely broken. 

surely there must be questions being asked as to the effectiveness of Glen Driscoll and the overall methods of Rodgers and his team. 

15 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am amazed the club have not ordered some sort of review as to why we are getting so many non contact injuries, work loads, training schedules, rest and recovery etc. Since Rodgers arrival there has been a dramatic increase and a number of players who prior had excellent fitness records now appear to be completely broken. 

surely there must be questions being asked as to the effectiveness of Glen Driscoll and the overall methods of Rodgers and his team. 

We don’t know I suppose that they haven’t, these sorts of things would go on in every organisation, but would never be made public. 
The injuries to U21 players alongside the first team, makes me think it could be the training ground having an impact - but like you say an internal review would be required to identify if there was an issue that could be fixed. 
At the end of the day, for the club it’s players are it’s biggest assets and for them to keep breaking down we need to know why and if and how it could be prevented. I would hope this has already been done/in the process of happening.

46 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If I was in this squad I’d be phoning in sick to avoid Rodgers’ bullshit too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We don’t know I suppose that they haven’t, these sorts of things would go on in every organisation, but would never be made public. 
The injuries to U21 players alongside the first team, makes me think it could be the training ground having an impact - but like you say an internal review would be required to identify if there was an issue that could be fixed. 
At the end of the day, for the club it’s players are it’s biggest assets and for them to keep breaking down we need to know why and if and how it could be prevented. I would hope this has already been done/in the process of happening.

The horrendous injuries have been stacking up before the move to Seagrave, we have seen overhauls of the medical teams and yet same results, the one constant is Rodgers and his coaching team. 

I would have thought that the intensity of training in u21’s would replicate that of the 1st team, which again could be a key contributor. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

It’s not only intense training that leads to injuries, if you don’t train at a high enough intensity at times or expose players to the high speed actions of the game they are undercooked and not ready to meet the physical demands and this can also lead to injuries. 

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The horrendous injuries have been stacking up before the move to Seagrave, we have seen overhauls of the medical teams and yet same results, the one constant is Rodgers and his coaching team. 

I would have thought that the intensity of training in u21’s would replicate that of the 1st team, which again could be a key contributor. 

Only thing I can't now reconcile is the relentless and very similar injuries in the academy too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Apologies if already mentioned but anyone aware when Ricky P may be back? 

There has been no official word of late, although he’s now ‘out on the grass’ as they say. I would like to think he will join proper training in about a fortnight. Let’s hope so. The sight of Ricky P purring up the wing is one I’ve missed so much 

• Like 1

Our training never looks intense in the slightest. It's most likely down to poor warm ups/warm downs and recovery that lead to muscle injuries.

We play football at walking speed, the training generally looks walking speed. It will very unlikely be down to the intensity of the training. KDH pulled his arse muscle having a shot in the warm up. That's nothing more than not being warmed up correctly.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ricky P back in full training. Wonder if he’ll make the squad for Saturday 

Castanges gonna get injured and BR will throw Riccy P in for 90mins game after game.

Thats what it feels like has been happening for so long 

50 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ricky P back in full training. Wonder if he’ll make the squad for Saturday 

I hope and suspect not, but would be great to think he could be in the squad within a couple of weeks, and return to action for the final 20 minutes against Spurs when we're already 3-0 up.

Allow me to dream awhile would you?