Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s obviously something at the club occurring. 

If rumours are true, this is what Dave Rennie alluded to, that the methods Rodgers uses are more harmful than good and put unnecessary stress on the body.  Strange that when Dave.R was here and listened too in the past, our injury record was far better.

The pattern of a poor injury record seems to   follow Rodgers around from club to club if the posts from other supporters groups are believed.

Put 2 and 2 together people......

41 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

If rumours are true, this is what Dave Rennie alluded to, that the methods Rodgers uses are more harmful than good and put unnecessary stress on the body.  Strange that when Dave.R was here and listened too in the past, our injury record was far better.

The pattern of a poor injury record seems to   follow Rodgers around from club to club if the posts from other supporters groups are believed.

& come up with 7

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I mean part of it could be down to Rodgers methods but I think someone somewhere has to suggest we take a proper look at Seagrave. It might cost some money up front but we can't keep running multimillion pound assets into the ground because someone is scared to dig up the nice new pitches. 

Vardy

“Jamie hasn’t done so much but he’s now out on the field. We need to see his reaction.”

Soumare and Evans

“Some guys will be next week, like Bouba and Jonny. They’ll train next week.”

Ricardo

“Ricardo will play in a game next week. He’s looked great in training.”

Souttar

“We just have to see about his hip issue. He trained today with the squad. He’s one I need to assess. He’ll certainly be ready to go for the following weekend.”

Ndidi

“He’s been training well. He’s had a personal issue this weekend that won’t see him involved.”

Braybrooke

“I spoke to Sammy last night. We’re bitterly disappointed for him. Following on from Will’s injury. He was a young player who had committed to being here. Possibility of a loan. It was unfortunate for him. It was worse than first feared after the scan. Being a footballer is about dealing with trauma. He will recover and be stronger when he gets back. He’s ready for that fight.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dames said:

I mean part of it could be down to Rodgers methods but I think someone somewhere has to suggest we take a proper look at Seagrave. It might cost some money up front but we can't keep running multimillion pound assets into the ground because someone is scared to dig up the nice new pitches. 

The injuries were occurring before Seagrave thought. 

Great to see Ricardo is due to play in an U21s game. It's a huge ask for him to come back the same player as he was but even a 75% Ricardo will be a huge asset. He was simply unplayable at times. Fingers crossed he has a good spell in the team ahead of him.

It's odd that Amartey's absence last weekend is still unknown. Did he throw a strop when he learned Souttar was coming straight in perhaps?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Great to see Ricardo is due to play in an U21s game. It's a huge ask for him to come back the same player as he was but even a 75% Ricardo will be a huge asset. He was simply unplayable at times. Fingers crossed he has a good spell in the team ahead of him.

It's odd that Amartey's absence last weekend is still unknown. Did he throw a strop when he learned Souttar was coming straight in perhaps?

I guess they will target the FA Cup match as a target for Ricardo to get some first team minutes. 

I thought they confirmed that Amartey was ill on Saturday? 

With Souttar carrying an injury and not playing for a few weeks, it wouldnt surprise me that Amartey was meant to play Saturday and Souttar to be on the bench (and introduced like Cags was) 

It would explain why he was a little shaky in the first half if he was chucked in at the last minute. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Brendan said he was ill 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

How long has Ricky P been out for ?

Just trying to gauge it against JJ’s absence. 

Ricardo did his against Sevilla on 31st July

I imagine we are probably looking at end of Feb before he is in a first team squad so call it 7 months?

JJ did his on 8th November, so if similar we are probably looking at June?

Should mean he is back for pre-season hopefully

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

Anyone know when this game Ricky is playing in is due to take place?

BR said this week but no U21's until Monday next week. Assumed when he said it that it would be some sort of behind closed doors situation.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Anyone know when this game Ricky is playing in is due to take place?

BR said this week but no U21's until Monday next week. Assumed when he said it that it would be some sort of behind closed doors situation.

I think it is meant to be that under 21s game

• Like 1

I feel like this club goes threw this wave all the time... you get to this point where you think, we are finally going to have our squad back and everything will be fine.... Then we just the cycle of the current crop all getting injured. 

With albrighton gone, we have to really keep our fingers crossed on Ricardo recovering well until at least the summer.