Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd sadly let him go in the summer. He's been incredible for us but no room for niceties given what we've been through with certain players.

He's doing his badges with Danny Simpson. Sure he's got lots to pass on and benefit young players, but not with a squad number

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd sadly let him go in the summer. He's been incredible for us but no room for niceties given what we've been through with certain players.

Yeah, he just won't be worth the money unless he takes a huge wage cut. Sensational business for the price we paid but sadly it seems he is done as a regular.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Β 

Could see him doing what Kolo did, Rodgers like a coach who been close to the players.

Β 

Kolo hasn't been replaced as yet.

Said a while ago I thought he could be a good replacement for Kolo, his errors always seemed to me to be down to switching off momentarily rather than not knowing where to be or what to do

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can definitely see Evans transitioned into a coaching/playing role, similar to Kevin Phillips all that time ago.Β 

Would be important to recruit an experienced defender should that happen though

Be up for him becoming a defensive coach in the club set up.Β 

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can definitely see Evans transitioned into a coaching/playing role, similar to Kevin Phillips all that time ago.Β 

Would be important to recruit an experienced defender should that happen though

Β 

1 hour 14 minutes into this, Pulis talks about how Evans would overthink injuries and have to be pushed to play. I think he's probably played his last game for us but would keep him as a coach if he's interested.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Β 

1 hour 14 minutes into this, Pulis talks about how Evans would overthink injuries and have to be pushed to play. I think he's probably played his last game for us but would keep him as a coach if he's interested.

I heard something about this on a podcast recently, pretty interesting listen really. I wonder over the years who else we've had with a similar issue. Always found this ironic that he'd need to be forced to play, but the number of times he'd then go and play for his country after missing club time.

If he was interested he'd definitely be worth having around, either as a first team or academy coach.Β 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I heard something about this on a podcast recently, pretty interesting listen really. I wonder over the years who else we've had with a similar issue. Always found this ironic that he'd need to be forced to play, but the number of times he'd then go and play for his country after missing club time.

If he was interested he'd definitely be worth having around, either as a first team or academy coach.Β 

Perez probably…

Β 

Β 

On 19/02/2023 at 11:13, UniFox21 said:

If true, do we want that kind of character around?

Injuries

β€œWe’re starting to get a lot of our players back. We have to see how James Maddison is. He’s still nursing his knee injury. We just need to assess that.”

Β 

Bertrand

β€œHe’s back in training with the squad. He’s a bit off in terms of match fitness. But he’s available to train.”

Β 

Evans?

β€œNo timeline as of yet. We’ll see where he’s at tomorrow. He hasn’t been with the group. We’re hoping he can join in next week.”

Edited by moore_94

On 19/02/2023 at 11:13, UniFox21 said:

Benkovic.