Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

They tried to snap Madders in half too how was that not a straight red. Filth

Ricardo just injured himself by placing his foot down in a certain way though, no one was near him. Worrying that can actually happen.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He didn't look in loads of pain. He had a look of "something feels not quite right" rather than out right agony but I'm no doctor so who knows. Fingers crossed for weeks not months. 

Riccy P did his ACL against Villa and played on for 30 minutes! The guy is as hard as nails mentally.

I feel so sorry for him :(

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

Ricardo just injured himself by placing his foot down in a certain way though, no one was near him. Worrying that can actually happen.

Oh yeah as soon as he stopped moving forward with nobody near you know it’s serious. 

I’ve had 3 serious ACL injuries in my football career always with nobody near enough to have caused it. 

He’s got to be the unluckiest footballer we’ve had with injuries. 

I said it when it happened that it was the Achilles, and it then got confirmed. 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was actually feeling rather positive about the season (rumours aside). This had set that positivity back a bit. 

As long as Fofana and Barnes are pretty much OK in the next week or two then it's not too bad. I feel for Ricardo, it's very unfair but he's becoming less and less important here with every injury.

It now means Castagne definitely can't be let go.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Desperately unlucky but he's not at Matty James levels yet....

52 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Can we unregister Ricardo from the squad?

registration only happens at some point in September

depending on how long he'll be out for, yeah we can just leave him off the list and save a squad spot that way

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

If it is a serious one for Ricardo I'd be absolutely gutted for him. Had to go through so much with the ACL and a couple of set backs during/after it, and now this. 

One of those set backs was a broken leg courtesy of that Liverpool twat. Sad for Ricardo. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bert said:

I like his positive play... he always nudges the ball forward when he receives it.  His first season here i thought he was one of the best new players in the pl

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

If he misses the next 8 months then that will be fully fit for about 45% of four seasons (could even be worse with his hamstrings) 

The crazy thing is before he did his ACL, he missed 1 game in 67 PL games, 63 starts and 3 as an unused sub. 

Just now, Nod.E said:

So what's the verdict with Ricardo?

What's Ward's apparent injury? Are we starting with Iverson on Sunday?

Ward is back in training. I suspect Iversen will start. 

Hopefully a journo asks about Ricardo's injury in the Pre-Match press conference tomorrow/Friday. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ward is back in training. I suspect Iversen will start. 

Hopefully a journo asks about Ricardo's injury in the Pre-Match press conference tomorrow/Friday. 

we've all had enough bad news. Maybe lets just wait a few weeks to ask that question