Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He came back on so there may have been another incident. 

No other incident, it was the landing after the headed challenge with Xhaka (that Pawson strangely gave as a foul in Arsenal’s favour) that caused it. He was visibly limping, then went down again, then came back on as we had no subs left and ultimately hobbled his way through the rest of the game. We should’ve played with 10 men, instead we still lost the game and Tielemans will likely have damaged his ankle further by attempting to sprint on it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

No other incident, it was the landing after the headed challenge with Xhaka (that Pawson strangely gave as a foul in Arsenal’s favour) that caused it. He was visibly limping, then went down again, then came back on as we had no subs left and ultimately hobbled his way through the rest of the game. We should’ve played with 10 men, instead we still lost the game and Tielemans will likely have damaged his ankle further by attempting to sprint on it. 

Yep, thought so. 

Although with the stretches he was doing on the side when he went off it looks like a calf or achilles problem. 

If it's achilles, he's screwed. 

Edited by StanSP

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

That's the confusing bit. Why force a player to finish a game when clearly injured. Just play with 10 men.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's the confusing bit. Why force a player to finish a game when clearly injured. Just play with 10 men.

Or at least let him hobble about upfront at the very least making a defender keep an eye on him. They left him in the centre of the park! 

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep, thought so. 

Although with the stretches he was doing on the side when he went off it looks like a calf or achilles problem. 

If it's achilles, he's screwed. 

If its achilles then that's 3 of our 1st team in less than a year, to go with half a dozen ACLs in the 1st team and academy and I'm sorry but that's some weird voodoo shit. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He looked like he was close to tears, probably out for a few months. We will never have a fully fit squad under this regime.

The thing I can't get my head around is if we were a full throttle, blood and thunder type team I could accept and give reasoning to it all.

We couldn't be further removed from that though.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He looked like he was close to tears, probably out for a few months. We will never have a fully fit squad under this regime.

This isn’t down to the regime though 

he jumped with xhaka and landed on the arsenal players heel which meant he turned his ankle badly - looked pretty awful and rodgers looked surprised he wanted to carry on. Good on him for that commitment but it won’t have done his ankle any favours 

anyway, some posters slagged him off for going straight down the tunnel at full time …..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maddison?

“He’s feeling better. We’ll see where he’s at for tomorrow. If he’s no good, he’ll be back for the weekend.”

Tielemans?

“We’re just waiting on the scan results. That will come through today. It didn’t look good. He did very well to come back onto the pitch. He showed real bravery. It looks a nasty one. We’ll see what the results.”

Evans?

“He trained with the squad this morning. It’s getting him through the week and then decide his plan after that. By the end of the week, we’ll have an idea of whether he needs game-time with the Under-21s.”

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maddison?

“He’s feeling better. We’ll see where he’s at for tomorrow. If he’s no good, he’ll be back for the weekend.”

Tielemans?

“We’re just waiting on the scan results. That will come through today. It didn’t look good. He did very well to come back onto the pitch. He showed real bravery. It looks a nasty one. We’ll see what the results.”

Evans?

“He trained with the squad this morning. It’s getting him through the week and then decide his plan after that. By the end of the week, we’ll have an idea of whether he needs game-time with the Under-21s.”

I don't doubt it did, I did my ankle a few years ago, there was no way I'd be trying to play on !

however, sometimes you have to save players from themselves !

On 25/02/2023 at 22:06, funkyrobot said:

Ahhh fk it,Bernd Trautmann played on  with a broken neck, Dixie Dean scored with a broken leg

• Haha 1

Saw it in close up slow mo and he definately rolled his ankle. So much so I whinced and yelled as I watched it as I know exactly what that must have felt like.

It happens - just unlucky as he planted with xaka that close to throw him off balance.

hope something isn’t broken either but I’d be suprised if it’s not a grade 2 or 3 ligament tear. He’s gonna be home for a good chunk of this season now. Yikes!

youre is a great guy I wish him well. No hate only love for him. Just sucks as the game had gone and it was worth the risk.

we’ve got smaller fish to fry as the day.

So now what do we do?

Maddison?

“James should be fine. Fingers crossed he gets through the rest of the week okay. He’s a very important player for us. James gives us another dimension, but ultimately it’s about the team.”

Any other injuries?

“No, there’s nothing new. Ricky got through the game and was all good. No new injuries.”

Ricardo?

“He had no after-effects. It was great. He needs more game-time. We’ll see what game-time he gets if we need him.”