Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He had wide players at Leeds and he asked them to do stuff that wasn’t their strength 

if he doesn’t have wide players here then he won’t be putting square pegs in round holes  - the full backs will be going forward a lot more and two holding midfielders will cover the spaces behind them.  

So he doesn't use wingers, but he did use wingers at Leeds just not in the right way, but if he doesn't have wingers here then he won't use them - got it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ricardo has had no luck since that ACL injury. 

Really reduced width for Saturday then - assume it'll be Tete and maybe Praet? Or a u21 called in

I think it could be Maddison on the left with Tete on the right

Smith did the same with Grealish at Villa, moving him out to the but letting him drift, also helps that he would also want to cut in

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think it could be Maddison on the left with Tete on the right

Smith did the same with Grealish at Villa, moving him out to the but letting him drift, also helps that he would also want to cut in

Probably right but Grealish playing on the left makes much more sense. They are different players and Maddison doesn't have the running ability to play wide. 

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ricardo has had no luck since that ACL injury. 

Really reduced width for Saturday then - assume it'll be Tete and maybe Praet? Or a u21 called in

From the training video Tuesday there didn’t appear to be any u21s in there apart from Brunt. 

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I loved Ricky P before his ACL but the lad can’t play more than 3/4 games in a row.

His body can’t hack professional football yet he’s got how long left on his PL style contract? 

Until 2026 I believe. Cant understand why we gave him a new deal when, like you say, he can't keep himself fit for half a dozen games in a row.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Which is why we won’t be selling him if we go down (despite many thinking we will) 

I reckon loaning him out is our best hope.

He wouldn’t survive the heavy Championship fixture list.

The problem with getting relegated is clubs would lowball us with offers for players too, knowing that we’ve not prepared for this potential/likely relegation 😢

36 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Rennie needs to come back ASAP!

Ricardo, love the guy but it's setback after setback. Still not as bad as Plastic Bertrand though. 

He got unnecessarily binned off by the club, despite how respected he was by many.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I loved Ricky P before his ACL but the lad can’t play more than 3/4 games in a row.

His body can’t hack professional football yet he’s got how long left on his PL style contract? 

When Youri is gone he will be our second biggest earner on 500K a month 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

When Youri is gone he will be our second biggest earner on 500K a month 

Ricky’s contract renewal is nothing like that big. I believe it’s around 70k 

and youri is earning around 70k/week aswell. 

out biggest earner is vards but no one is quite se what his salary drops to in the summer 

madders is the second highest at 110k 

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ricky’s contract renewal is nothing like that big. I believe it’s around 70k 

and youri is earning around 70k/week aswell. 

out biggest earner is vards but no one is quite se what his salary drops to in the summer 

madders is the second highest at 110k 

Ricardo is on 120K a week 

• Haha 2