Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

21 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Correct it is pointless you saying otherwise because he is on 120K a week 

Every website I've looked at except 1 says he's on £80k per week, which I think would be correct. He was on around £70k when he joined and he signed a new deal last year. There is no way, given our financial position, we'd have offered at 27 year old player, who's just had some serious injuries, £120k per week. Unless you have inside info from within the club, I'd question the £120k a week wages. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Every website I've looked at except 1 says he's on £80k per week, which I think would be correct. He was on around £70k when he joined and he signed a new deal last year. There is no way, given our financial position, we'd have offered at 27 year old player, who's just had some serious injuries, £120k per week. Unless you have inside info from within the club, I'd question the £120k a week wages. 

When Vestergaard is on 75K and Soumare 80K wouldn’t you want 120K a week if you’re Ricardo?

20 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

When Vestergaard is on 75K and Soumare 80K wouldn’t you want 120K a week if you’re Ricardo?

Not when you haven’t been for for two years 

Afaik, he doesn’t think like that in any case  - he’s possible the nicest character in our dressing room - always wanting to help out both inside and outside the club. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

When he's just come back from a serious injury no. Like I said, unless you have inside information I'd say that's absolute bollocks. He signed a new contract last year when the club couldn't even afford new signings and were told we had to reduce the wage bill, so as incompetent as our board have been, i highly doubt we'll have given him £120k a week 

Where is this Riccy being on 120k a week coming from? Everywhere I’ve looked seems to show he’s on 80k a week… still a lot for a player that’s missed so many games but if we can get him for he’s 1 of our best players imo

Edited by dbtcity

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Barnes still injured for tomorrow.

Leeds 'is more realistic'. Too risky for Wolves game.

Unfortunately the losses of Barnes and Ricardo negate our ability to travel with the ball and move up the pitch. The same can also be said with JJ out. 

I think the only way to stretch the play would be with Daka Nacho up top with Maddison behind. VK and Castagne will have to get through a lot of work offensively and defensively.

Iversen 

Castagne Souttar Cags VK

Mendy 

Tielemans                 Praet 

Maddison 

Nacho.          Daka

Saddens me that we’ve so rapidly gone from a spine of Schmeichel, Evans, prime wilf, Vardy to this, but anyhow. 

• Like 1

personally i’d go 

Iv

Tim.        souts. soy.     vk

mendy 

youri

tete.            mads.        praet 

nacho

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Evans out with a virus now lol Our captain is the last man you’d want in the trenches with you! 

Listen to Pulis on Undrthecosh… he says Johnny is the biggest wimp going and Pulis would have to pick him despite him saying he wasn’t fit for games. He’d pull him out of training so he could feel like he was resting whatever ‘issue’ he had and then surprise start him where he’d often be MotM.

I also think he’s finished, mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So this speak of 6 defenders is actually 4 like we pretty much knew it was, an 3 before Cags was brought back, an you can see why Amartey and Faes started every game for about 3 months before Souttars signing. Whatever the reason was in falling out with Cags, you know we'd have more points on the board if just him and Iverson had played about 6-10 more games.

17 hours ago, KFS said:

Listen to Pulis on Undrthecosh… he says Johnny is the biggest wimp going and Pulis would have to pick him despite him saying he wasn’t fit for games. He’d pull him out of training so he could feel like he was resting whatever ‘issue’ he had and then surprise start him where he’d often be MotM.

I also think he’s finished, mind.

Yes I remember hearing that and thinking I couldn’t believe a centre half being that way. Then considered his injury record and it probably makes sense.