Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

Unreal shit. Last pre season game and we lose 2 from the best 11 to injuries. How bad luck can you really have?

You really starting to wonder if we are doing something wrong with the conditioning of our players. Its like our players are more fragile than other team's players. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Yeah I know but I’m superstitious. Spanish teams pre season the equivalent of unlucky pants. 

We should definitely stop playing Spanish teams because of your superstition. Maybe the club can do something to facilitate my pre-game wank superstition as well.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

seriously, neither of these two injuries are down to anything other than bad luck

stop making events fit your narrative - its frigging pre season  - the players are not over played and pre season now is not as strenuous as it was years ago - players keep themselves in shape 

I swear in the mind of some posters if someone farted in a lift there were in it would somehow be BR's fault.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

So if we got rid of Brendan, but kept all of the same sports science team, medical team, fitness coaches etc... you think the problems would resolve?

I believe it was implied by what I said that the problems would improve. I am obviously not suggesting we will never have another injury again once he is gone. How many consecutive years will it take before you accept he might just have something to do with it?

We truelly are an exceptional club. Season after season this keeps happening. Has Ricardo simply become injury prone? How much bad luck can one guy get?

maybe it’s a bit of both? He’s such a good player that’s why the club gave him an extension but it was wishful thinking. 
he’s done for this season. Achillles is not a Micky mouse injury. So we’ve bough no reinforcements and we are now more or less short 1 first team player.

hod knows what’s going on with Barnes but damn shame we didn’t buy lookman.

proper shouting ourselves in the foot

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

seriously, neither of these two injuries are down to anything other than bad luck

stop making events fit your narrative - its frigging pre season  - the players are not over played and pre season now is not as strenuous as it was years ago - players keep themselves in shape 

Was it just good luck when we never had injuries under Pearson? Just good luck when we kept the title winning squad fit every single week? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was it just good luck when we never had injuries under Pearson? Just good luck when we kept the title winning squad fit every single week? 

Did Pearson have the day off Matty James did his ACL?

Must had another day off when Zoumana Bakayogo did his ACL.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

said it before and i will say it again. IMO Its our pitch. The blend of grass to astro in the surface is the same that is used in the NFL and rarely used in the prem. 

You dont have to do too much research to see how many injuries as suffered in the NFL and they are all similar to ours. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That season is looking more and more miraculous. Imagine if we lost Vardy, mahrez and Kante to long term injuries there’s no way we would have made it over the finish line. We have to get the monks back to bless the players & changing rooms asap. Should have been done over the summer.

• Like 1