Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Is it not? Barnes is only a few weeks. I meant in terms of long-term injuries, not knocks etc.

The frustrating thing about this is and i've pointed it out before is that Barnes seems to get injured quite regularly and there has been 0 effort from the club to recruit cover.

Can't even rely on changing the system to rely on the wingbacks because Castange and Ricardo are prone to being out for spells too.

The club have got it seriously wrong this summer. 

I ruptured my achilles years ago, in my case it was because i hadn't stretched properly and was still cold. How can this have happened to Ricardo given he'd been on the pitch for some while. Just seems crazy to me.

Something isn't right with all these injuries. To lose 2 key players before a ball is kicked in the PL season is just not right, I don't care what anyone says.

Edited by Fazzer 7

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

They are tough b*****s whatever else you think about them. I find it difficult to believe its just training that makes some of our players so brittle.

Every players physiology is different. Every position players play may be more demanding than others. 

I'm not saying that the club don't have serious question marks right now over their sqaud management.

Tielemans is protected to a large degree if you want to look at it that way and hamza rarely features.

38 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How many separate players have had long-term injuries since Rodgers has been here? 4? Fofana (a leg break, so bit different to the others), Ricardo, JJ, Barnes? 

the long term injuries happen across most teams 

its the two/three month ones which are a pain

Wilf - abductors and knee

cags - abductor

bertrand - knee

evans - foot 

vardy - groin

castagne - various

madders - hip

of the above, i would say wilf, vards and madders could be hung on the coach for over playing.     

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I ruptured my achilles years ago, in my case it was because i hadn't stretched properly and was still cold. How can this have happened to Ricardo given he'd been on the pitch for some while. Just seems crazy to me.

Something isn't right with all these injuries. To lose 2 key players before a ball is kicked in the PL season is just not right, I don't care what anyone says.

a few seasons ago, chelsea lost two players within a few weeks with achilles snaps. both during games and no obvious explanation. 

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

cags - abductor

bertrand - knee

evans - foot 

vardy - groin

castagne - various

madders - hip

of the above, i would say wilf, vards and madders could be hung on the coach for over playing.     

What is it, is it the pitches, training methods or what? We seem to have more than our fair share of injuries.

Just now, StanSP said:

I know people don't like Rodgers and that's fair. But to blame him for a player getting an achilles injury? How is that his fault? 

I think it's a consequence of the many other injuries that some of us have felt could have been prevented or that fundamentally our squad is made of glass.

Just because some injuries weren't caused by contact with others or muscular injuries from extertion, if a players body is injury prone due to conditioning then that is a fault of the club. Its a very difficult and complex area to comprehend though and it's evident the club are trying to do something about it with new staff bit it's baffling.

• Like 2

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I don't know if we've got it seriously wrong this summer - we can't force other clubs to buy our players to make room for others within our squad. It is frustrating but not sure what else we really could have done. 

Grown some bollocks, accepted the losses and moved on supposed deadwood that we were offered reasonable fee’s for. Instead we’re exactly where we were last season and the comedy line of inevitable injuries has begun and we’ve no one to cover them. An absolutely abysmal summer.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

cags - abductor

bertrand - knee

evans - foot 

vardy - groin

castagne - various

madders - hip

Those figures are nasty. 

Look at it this way 

Wilf - he's a battler and always taking hits. 

Cags - trying to jump too high all the time to make up for his short comings.

Bertrand - too much time practicing getting injured, then getting injured. 

Evans - nigglely old injuries 

Castagna - high workload in his WB position and imo BR expects too much from our wingbacks to push too high, which pressures the defensive element of them. 

Madders - tall and gangly. Maybe just down to his physique and the sheer amount of set pieces he practises and carries out. 

All of which sums up why we aren't protecting these players from these injuries on a player by player basis, particularly the reoccurring ones.

10 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Grown some bollocks, accepted the losses and moved on supposed deadwood that we were offered reasonable fee’s for. Instead we’re exactly where we were last season and the comedy line of inevitable injuries has begun and we’ve no one to cover them. An absolutely abysmal summer.

What offers have we had for the genuine 'deadwood'?

I have not heard of any.

Brentford have their injuries too

Brentford duo Kristoffer Ajer and Sergi Canos will both miss the start of the season through injury, while Ethan Pinnock is a long-term absentee.

• Like 1

Most on here we’re saying Barnes was shit anyway, so not sure what their beef is.  Flippancy aside, it’s a real shame because I thought he was looking sharp pre season. However, we still have a lot of attacking options.

One thing, teams are always going to have injuries. Even if the situation has improved, and we won’t really be able to tell until later on the season, there are always going to be some injuries along the way.

Like corners. Even if we have improved defending set pieces, we are still going to leak some. Would be nice for everyone not to lose their shit at the first hurdle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

So fed up with this now.

I worry for Ricardo now. He hasn't looked the same since the last big injury. This could finish him at the very top level. 

Before his big injury I used to think he is ironclad. He got tackled so much and would have just stood up and kept running. I guess he used up all his luck before that big injury, caused by Grealish.