Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Most Famous Person You've Met

7 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Has a wee next to Mads Mickleson at Heathrow Airport.   Also had a wee next to Damon Albarn at a club in Bristol.

Yes I know there does seem to be a theme here.

Glad it's not just me. I've got Jean Alesi and Will Roache on the "who I've had a slash next to". 

• Haha 1

It's weird talking to a famous person because you're aware of their fame and as nonchalant as you try to be, you have this 'effing ell it's Fred Titmus' thing going on in your head. I've had several interactions (wouldn't say chats or "I met") but only 2 that qualify (unless we include pre-fame school days); Tom Conti and Melvin Bragg. On both occasions, I was struck by how normal they were... which says more about me than them. Why shouldn't they be normal.

I did once chat with Mark E Smith (The Fall) but he was so pissed/out of it that I'm not going to include that one!

My sister in laws step brother is Phil Tufnell .

One of my old customers used to host a Teenage Cancer Trust cricket match and I used to get invited .Roger Daltrey was/is the patron so chatted a few times.

one thing I remember there and so do my kids is we were chatting to Barry Fry( not famous enough) my kids were about 5 and 8.There he was top off smoking a fat cigar and he asked my kids where they lived? Cambs.He said “ Do you support Posh” one of mine said” No,Leicester “ and he said”F**king Leicester “ and walked off.The drummer from Mcfly was a nice bloke and a good cricketer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Glad it's not just me. I've got Jean Alesi and Will Roache on the "who I've had a slash next to". 

I wonder how many celebs I’ve had a piss next to and not noticed, because I don’t want to stare at the next person whilst pissing?

13 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Stephen Graham in a cafe in Ashby de la zouch. Didnt speak to him as he looked like he was enjoying his fry up

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Lives in  Leicestershire doesn't he? Near Rothwell? 

I've heard interviews where he hates the fact his Mrs is a Leicester fan lol

I thought he lived in Ibstock.

• Like 1

Tom Meighan outside a pub at Brighton away, he was really happy to chat to us for a good 10 minutes or so. We'd walked down the same street earlier and I'd perviously put up a Kasabian Leicester sticker a few metres up the road which was serendipitous.

TomM.jpg

• Like 1

When I was a kid about 6 or 7, my dad used to get given tickets to pantomimes around Christmas time from his work. 

One year was Jack and the beanstalk. With Rolf Harris, and the chuckle brothers.

My twin brother got called up on stage to participate in this game which looking back on now through the eyes of a 33 year old was a bit dodgy. 

My brother had to sit on a toad stool and bounce up and down on it to pump up a balloon.

He wasn't quite heavy enough for the pump to work so he had to sit on rolf harris' lap and do it to get it to work.

We thought it was hilarious at the time now we get creeped out by it 🤣 

• Haha 1

Stephen Graham in the local chemist and Co-Op, and BP Garage as I live down the road from him

Colin McCrae

Mike Reid

Raquel’s Dad from OFAH who finds the watch 

Jill Dando

Stephen Graham in the BP was funny, as the card machine had broken down. His bill was £21.76 or something daft, but he only had £20’s and the cashier didn’t have enough change. I offered to lend him the £1.76 🤣

Jill Dando was filming the Holiday Program in Tunisia in Oct 98 when I recognised her as we got off a catamaran. She invited us back on it whilst they filmed the show. Mum was chatting to her for a couple of hours about all manner of things. 6 months later she was obviously killed.

9 minutes ago, howie said:

Met Tyson Fury about a year after he turned pro. 

Nice and guy and seemed very different to how you would expect, came across as very shy and timid. 

Weirdly similar thoughts when I saw Anthony Joshua at paradise by way of Kensal Green in 2015 I think. Very shy, reserved, awkward even. Goes without saying he was off the charts size wise. Absolutely huge 

Rod Stewart, John Malkovich, Brad Garrett (the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond) - all really decent. Michael Winner (R.I.P) was a bit of a tw*t but quite amusing. Worst person I ever met was the ex-MP David Mellor.

If by 'met' you mean 'punched', I can add Ross Kemp to the list.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, oakman said:

Rod Stewart, John Malkovich, Brad Garrett (the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond) - all really decent. Michael Winner (R.I.P) was a bit of a tw*t but quite amusing. Worst person I ever met was the ex-MP David Mellor.

If by 'met' you mean 'punched', I can add Ross Kemp to the list.

That sounds like a great story, do tell!

It was a long time post LCFC so he was no longer a footballer...

Ali Mauchlen and I worked alongside each other for a couple of years and he remains a good friend now.

I've never actually met really anyone famous apart from our players, only minor celebs, just seen people from a distance.