Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MalletFox

22/23 Concourse Changes

4 hours ago, adam said:

Taking the piss with those prices. 5 quid for a sausage roll 😆. Everything about the club is a rip off and a complete joke.

Everything about the club is in line with everything else in this joke of a country at the minute to be fair... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Blows my mind that people buy food and drink in the ground. I feel dirty if I have to get myself a bottle of water for £2.40 or whatever it is they have the audacity to charge. 

£6 for a pint and miss half the match queuing for it.

How much is a pint generally?

11 hours ago, Bayfox said:

This is a trial. It's an American system. Was discussed at the last FCC 

San miguel was on last season. But it still tastes terrible IMO not sure if they water it down or what but at 5.80 a pint I'll be staying in my seat at half time again. 

My lad went with my mare today so I let him have my card. I've got a nice bill for 2.95 for a sprite and 6 quid hotdog. Sure that's up on last season as well.

What part of the ground were we selling San Miguel last season? 

Unless I was literally plastered / blind for every home game last season, I didn’t see it in the East Stand concourses at all!

Another poster in this thread has suggested that the prices might be slightly different in different areas of the ground, do we know if this is the case? 👀 

49 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

What part of the ground were we selling San Miguel last season? 

Unless I was literally plastered / blind for every home game last season, I didn’t see it in the East Stand concourses at all!

Another poster in this thread has suggested that the prices might be slightly different in different areas of the ground, do we know if this is the case? 👀 

Kop despite all the chang branding or whatever it was definitely had San Miguel last season.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Kop despite all the chang branding or whatever it was definitely had San Miguel last season.

It's like they purposely choose the beers that are most notorious for showing up badly-kept lines - San Miguel is solid if it's kept right but tastes like it's been filtered through a tramp's shoe if not. Enjoy the £6 shoe water, lads! 

Going to hedge my bets now and predict they have Amstel on next season. Tastes like cigarette ends when it's bad. The lines at the KP would make it taste like the floor of the Benson & Hedges factory.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

58 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

yea i definitely had some san mig in the east stand last season. sounds like you had more than me though!

53 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I'm sure Chang was the only lager available in the Kop last year.

Pretty sure there were some supply issues with Chang at the start of the season and all they had was San Miguel. Not sure what happened to that later in the season but I think they still served San Miguel even when Chang came back on.

55 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The food has got worse as the teams got better. 

It peaked around 2012 when we had them gourmet burger stalls and Singha butter chicken pies. Now it's a half arsed sausage flopped in between stale bread. 

Wow. I’ve never paid attention to the concourse offering but I can’t wrap my head around a butter chicken pie at the KP. Great effort. Part of me thinks they should serve the cheapest rubbish possible and earn a fat margin on concession sales because the type of person who can’t sustain themselves for two hours at a football match is a guaranteed gorm sale, they’ll buy and eat sludge because they’re so in the habit of eating/drinking because it’s THERE. But then I think what if they actually put some effort in, similar to how Brighton do, would they attract people like me to spend money? Still probably not tbf 

• Like 1