Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MalletFox

22/23 Concourse Changes

5 hours ago, C.J said:

Just use the burger vans outside for food and the hotel/fox&soar for drinks.

I was told by the Showsec goons yesterday we couldn't go into the stadium until me and those I were with had finished eating our burgers/chips/etc.

I know others who were told the same thing. Sad state of affairs when you can't take your burgers in so the kids can sit down and eat them.

15 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Does anyone know if any other grounds do it? First I’ve heard of anywhere doing outside the Amazon store tho I’m sure there’s some

The Amazon Go stores are great and the world will be a better place when they do it at full-size grocery stores in this country 

Yes, the sooner there is absolutely zero human interaction in any aspect of life the better!

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

The food has got worse as the teams got better. 

It peaked around 2012 when we had them gourmet burger stalls and Singha butter chicken pies. Now it's a half arsed sausage flopped in between stale bread. 

Pukka Pies was peak. Pies were about £2.30 a decade or so ago too.

I haven't bought from the ground in years. Just go pub before going into the ground.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Incognito said:

I was told by the Showsec goons yesterday we couldn't go into the stadium until me and those I were with had finished eating our burgers/chips/etc.

I know others who were told the same thing. Sad state of affairs when you can't take your burgers in so the kids can sit down and eat them.

I hope this is true, around us there’s 2 seats not STH and one lout buys one regularly, rocks up 5 minutes after kick off, pissed up, crappy fast food ( you can’t really call it food) in one hand, pop in the other, sits down, spends the next 10 minutes slurping it as it’s too hot, then gets his crappy bit of folded card and starts hitting it on his other hand, leaves before half time, comes back well into the second half, another hot snack from downstairs and chews this for 10 minutes before going back to his clapper until full time.

If hot food is banned at least we won’t have to put up with the stench of his thing most games.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Wow. I’ve never paid attention to the concourse offering but I can’t wrap my head around a butter chicken pie at the KP. Great effort. Part of me thinks they should serve the cheapest rubbish possible and earn a fat margin on concession sales because the type of person who can’t sustain themselves for two hours at a football match is a guaranteed gorm sale, they’ll buy and eat sludge because they’re so in the habit of eating/drinking because it’s THERE. But then I think what if they actually put some effort in, similar to how Brighton do, would they attract people like me to spend money? Still probably not tbf 

It’s all outsourced to compass so the club really aren’t that bothered

15 minutes ago, promised land said:

I hope this is true, around us there’s 2 seats not STH and one lout buys one regularly, rocks up 5 minutes after kick off, pissed up, crappy fast food ( you can’t really call it food) in one hand, pop in the other, sits down, spends the next 10 minutes slurping it as it’s too hot, then gets his crappy bit of folded card and starts hitting it on his other hand, leaves before half time, comes back well into the second half, another hot snack from downstairs and chews this for 10 minutes before going back to his clapper until full time.

If hot food is banned at least we won’t have to put up with the stench of his thing most games.

I feel you. But your lout ruins it for the rest of us lol

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pukka Pies was peak. Pies were about £2.30 a decade or so ago too.

I haven't bought from the ground in years. Just go pub before going into the ground.

We had Pukka anyway. I think not to have a Leicestershire company as our pie supplier is a disgrace tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Wow. I’ve never paid attention to the concourse offering but I can’t wrap my head around a butter chicken pie at the KP. Great effort. Part of me thinks they should serve the cheapest rubbish possible and earn a fat margin on concession sales because the type of person who can’t sustain themselves for two hours at a football match is a guaranteed gorm sale, they’ll buy and eat sludge because they’re so in the habit of eating/drinking because it’s THERE. But then I think what if they actually put some effort in, similar to how Brighton do, would they attract people like me to spend money? Still probably not tbf 

Yeah and the gourmet burgers with relish were class. It's all a sad state of affairs now. 

On them footy scran pages the non league teams seems to do the best food. 

• Like 2

Each to their own, but l don't understand people paying these prices. Plenty of pubs, eateries around the ground. I love a pre & post match beer, not at the concourse though. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesAreBlue said:

Worked at Fulham yesterday for their pre-season friendly against Villareal and the lower concourse of their new riverside stand had a gin bar in it.

What’s wrong with a pint of warm piss-water and a 90% sawdust burger in a mouldy bun?

The game’s gone.

We looked at getting a sushi and salad bars put in I kid you not.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

We looked at getting a sushi and salad bars put in I kid you not.

I tell ya I wonder where they get these ideas from. At Barrow, there's a zone with a couple of bars and street food van type things. Million times better than what we have at one of the smallest clubs in the 92 and at one of the most basic grounds. 

56 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I had a pint of cider in the Malt House in Brum on Saturday (the pub Bill Clinton had a pint in). It was pricey, but still cheaper than a lower quality pint in the concourse yesterday.

Just had a look at the menu, doesn’t seem pricey to me, just a standard chain pub menu which is what the pub is. That and another 3000 or so around the country.

No idea why you had to reference a former president though. Is there still a pic of him pinned up behind the bar, or did he scribble his name in one of the gents cubicles? 

3 hours ago, Incognito said:

Also noticed loads of soft drink bottles outside the turnstiles yesterday (West Stand), was anyone refused entry with a bottle of Coke / Lucozade etc? 

I need certain drinks to regulate blood sugar, so it's a must that I can take my own drinks as I have done since forever! And I absolutely refuse to pay extortionate prices for drinks in the stadium!

Somehow managed to swerve the goons yesterday, but don't know how long I can keep that up! 

24 minutes ago, allen10 said:

Also noticed loads of soft drink bottles outside the turnstiles yesterday (West Stand), was anyone refused entry with a bottle of Coke / Lucozade etc? 

I need certain drinks to regulate blood sugar, so it's a must that I can take my own drinks as I have done since forever! And I absolutely refuse to pay extortionate prices for drinks in the stadium!

Somehow managed to swerve the goons yesterday, but don't know how long I can keep that up! 

Mate you’ve got a health condition. Absolutely call the club and tell them to give you some proof which will stop any overzealous contract ‘steward’ taking your drink off you. That’s not on otherwise 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, allen10 said:

I did see someone with a bottle of Coke refused entry, because they'd broken the seal on the cap. I kid you not!

As @grobyfox1990has suggested, I would contact the club and tell them of your condition, and how imperative it is for you to take your drinks. I'm sure they'd prefer that than the lawsuit when you have a hypo and are poorly.