Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MalletFox

22/23 Concourse Changes

32 minutes ago, allen10 said:

Also noticed loads of soft drink bottles outside the turnstiles yesterday (West Stand), was anyone refused entry with a bottle of Coke / Lucozade etc? 

Please tell me there was a pile of flasks too lol

A few years ago the folks in front of us practically tuned up with a full scale picnic - flasks, sandwiches, cakes, the works.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Just had a look at the menu, doesn’t seem pricey to me, just a standard chain pub menu which is what the pub is. That and another 3000 or so around the country.

No idea why you had to reference a former president though. Is there still a pic of him pinned up behind the bar, or did he scribble his name in one of the gents cubicles? 

Wow!

11 minutes ago, steve555 said:

I can't understand why people can't go without food or drink for 2 hours, it's not that difficult surely. Eat before you leave home or get something on the way to the ground. Don't pay the clubs prices then moan about it.

I think if you have a few pints pre match you get the taste for it so get a couple at half time line your stomach with a burger and wake up in the morning check your online banking and beat yourself up for spending 20 quid at Lcfc catering 

12 hours ago, C.J said:

Just use the burger vans outside for food and the hotel/fox&soar for drinks.

What £13 I spent last night on way out for a terrible burger and two tiny portions of chips. These lot are just as terrible but I guess they can hike the prices too as long ad they fall under the super extortion the club are charging for a shit pie and a watery pint

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve555 said:

I can't understand why people can't go without food or drink for 2 hours, it's not that difficult surely. Eat before you leave home or get something on the way to the ground. Don't pay the clubs prices then moan about it.

I agree mate and very rarely use and even if someone offers to go down and get a beer I can't be arsed.

But have you ever had to stand for 90 mins with a kid chewing your ear off. Mine as breakfast before we leave. Something in the pub and normally still wants something in the ground and he could still play hide and seek and stand sideways behind a lamppost 

I reckon 90% of the sales actually made must be snacks for kids and beers for those that can't manage 3 hours without one lol

24 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I agree mate and very rarely use and even if someone offers to go down and get a beer I can't be arsed.

But have you ever had to stand for 90 mins with a kid chewing your ear off. Mine as breakfast before we leave. Something in the pub and normally still wants something in the ground and he could still play hide and seek and stand sideways behind a lamppost 

I reckon 90% of the sales actually made must be snacks for kids and beers for those that can't manage 3 hours without one lol

One of the first things my son learnt at football. Don't ask for food or drink in the stadium, I've bought your ticket and that's it.

I did once collapse and buy him a soup at HT Leeds at home, temperature was about -4 degrees though.

On 01/08/2022 at 08:07, jonthefox said:

Do Compass still do the food and drink at the ground?. I know the contract was up or nearly up.

I've not heard of any change to this.

Rodent infestation issue a while ago on concourse outlets and Compass were answerable

KP are retailers essentially yet allow a third party to fuuuck up the concourse provision.....bonkers

Levy do all of the LCFC hospitality and provide the catering at Seagrave, Belvoir Drive is still in house with the old 1st team chef

Levy are part of Compass

First club in Europe to do this.

King Power Stadium First In Europe To Introduce Frictionless Kiosk

Published 1 min ago

- New frictionless kiosk for food and drink purchases on a matchday installed at King Power Stadium
- The Club is first in Europe to introduce the new ‘Tap + Go’ customer experience
- Foxes fans will be able to try it for the first time when City host Brentford on Sunday

When the Foxes hosted La Liga side Sevilla in a pre-season friendly on Filbert Way on Sunday 31 July, supporters were able to experience the Tap + Go technology for the first time in the North Stand Family Section. The system was also in operation for the FA Community Shield on Saturday 30 July when Liverpool played Manchester City.

Operated by Levy UK+I, the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland, supporters simply need to tap a payment card upon entry into the kiosk, pick up the items they want and walk out of the gates onto the concourse, where their card will be automatically charged – a process which takes a matter of seconds.

Utilising frictionless technology, Tap + Go is operated via anonymised shopper tracking which recognises the products being selected by customers, before adding them to a virtual basket. Facial recognition is not needed, ensuring complete anonymity. 

Foxes fans at frictionless kiosk

The frictionless kiosk is a first at football stadia in Europe.

Checkouts will be replaced by the installation of fully contactless payment terminals connected to the digital barriers upon exit, enabling fans to make purchases in a fraction of the time and with far greater ease. 

Leicester City Operations Director, Anthony Mundy, said: “We are constantly looking at new solutions to improve the stadium experience for fans. The launch of Tap + Go at our venue will enable us to take the fan experience to the next level by making it easier than ever for guests to purchase and enjoy our first-class food and beverage offerings. We are confident that our partnership with Levy UK+I will continue to make the future of hospitality accessible to our guests.”

Rak Kalidas, Commercial Director, Levy UK+I commented: “The truly frictionless F&B purchase experience created through Tap + Go marks a major step forward for Leicester City and the fan experience at King Power Stadium. In an industry currently teeming with innovation, this technology is a fine example of how Levy UK+I stands out in taking the hospitality sector forwards further and faster. We are proud to be working closely with our venue partners to offer guests a revolutionary experience that goes beyond anything currently available in UK stadia.”

Supporters in King Power Stadium’s Family Section will be able to try the frictionless kiosk at future home games. 

Bit more from Levy:

INTRODUCING "TAP + GO"

Levy UK+I introduces Tap + Go, the European first-to-market frictionless customer experience for stadia, with Leicester City’s King Power Stadium the first to benefit from the innovation. Coming off the back of the successful ‘Market X’ Compass Ireland launch, Levy UK+I has partnered with global autonomous retail experts, AiFi, to take the concept one step further into the high volume, high footfall stadia market. This landmark innovation will enable matchday fans to experience the future of food and drink purchases, without having to pay at a till, paving the way for a new class of guest experience across Levy-operated venues.

As the first stadium in Europe to implement this technology, Leicester City Football Club will provide an enhanced, streamlined customer matchday refreshment journey to its fans at King Power Stadium. Guests simply need to tap a payment card upon entry, pick up their items and walk out of the gates onto the concourse, where their card will be automatically charged – a process which takes a matter of seconds.

Utilising frictionless technology, Tap + Go, is operated via AiFi’s AI-powered anonymised shopper tracking which recognises the products being selected by customers, before adding them to a virtual basket. Facial recognition is not needed, ensuring complete anonymity. Checkouts will be replaced by the installation of fully contactless payment terminals connected to digital barriers upon exit, enabling fans to make purchases in a fraction of the time and with far greater ease.

Rak Kalidas, Commercial Director, Levy UK+I, commented: “The truly frictionless F&B purchase experience created through Tap + Go marks a major step forward for Leicester City and the fan experience at the King Power Stadium. In an industry currently teeming with innovation, this technology is a fine example of how Levy UK+I stands out in taking the hospitality sector forwards further and faster. We are proud to be working closely with our venue partners to offer guests a revolutionary experience that goes beyond anything currently available in UK stadia.

Combining a range of convenience and safety-enhancing techniques, frictionless systems have the ability to operate in a range of environments, including general concourse and hospitality areas – we believe that this will be a game-changer by making operations far more efficient, easier and exciting for everyone involved, and we look forward to rolling out Tap + Go across more Levy venues.”

https://levy.co.uk/latest/lcfc-frictionless/

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Strange photo to choose

Agreed, added to the fact any photo they choose has to have people wearing the new kit. 

Remember before the Community Shield against Manchester United, the official photographer stopped me and my family for a photo outside Wembley but then said it wouldn't be allowed to be used as I wasn't wearing the new shirt 🤣 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone knows there isn't an obligation to buy in the ground? The club try and introduce something to reduce queuing times and there is an uproar on prices.

Prices are in line with other grounds around the country, there are cheaper options around the ground (vans and pubs) but you are paying for the convenience of it. Inflation will peak at 13% this year, so there will be price increases to keep up with that. Simple economics.

• Like 1