Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MalletFox

22/23 Concourse Changes

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It was £5.80 in the Kop. It is a crazy price for what it is. 

Think I've misremembered, I was in the Kop too. 

But ridiculous prices, this isn't some up market bar, it should be £3-£4 for a pint. Match the prices of local pubs and people will be inside creating atmosphere pre-game. 

How it is we'll continue to see huge queues last minute as people don't want to pay those prices.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think I've misremembered, I was in the Kop too. 

But ridiculous prices, this isn't some up market bar, it should be £3-£4 for a pint. Match the prices of local pubs and people will be inside creating atmosphere pre-game. 

How it is we'll continue to see huge queues last minute as people don't want to pay those prices.

Contrarian viewpont, but i cant see many fans getting to the ground early and drinking in the concourses for a significant period of time. Most regular fans will have their routine set. Even at £1-2 a pint, surely most rather pay normal prices and stay at the pub. Personally speaking, very cheap food and beer will not convince me to eat or drink the sludge on offer. Events have high concession prices because demand is near inelastic, you can charge what you want and robot customers will always buy the tat on offer, simply because they can.

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Contrarian viewpont, but i cant see many fans getting to the ground early and drinking in the concourses for a significant period of time. Most regular fans will have their routine set. Even at £1-2 a pint, surely most rather pay normal prices and stay at the pub. Personally speaking, very cheap food and beer will not convince me to eat or drink the sludge on offer. Events have high concession prices because demand is near inelastic, you can charge what you want and robot customers will always buy the tat on offer, simply because they can.

Probably spot on there, people won't want to change their set routines. But they're even less likely to do that with what we're offering at the ground. 

Maybe I'm living in a dream world, but I'd love the place to be somewhere people get to before the game starts. 

But as you said, we're treated as robotic customers. Even programmes have gone up 50p, which seems like nothing but will add up. 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
45 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

My little group have decided to abandon meeting in the ground for a couple of pints pre game, because of the price and lack of quality, new routine for us, either a pub or sit in the sun with a load of cans from a shop. Think the club may have a shock this year. Didn't see many new shirts either yesterday compared to most new seasons. 

Absolute piss take football is now. The club should be embarrassed charging what they charge. 64 quid a shirt nearly 6 quid for a flat pint and now you can't even take your own soft drink in the ground. 30 minutes que to get in the ground when it used to take 2 mins.  Taking the mick out of everyone who goes to the games. 

• Like 1

If you dpn't like the prices don't pay. The beer is a rip off an poor quality, I havent had a beer in the ground for 4-5 seasons I bet - make a stand with your feet and wallet, you do have a choice to purchase outside the ground. 

Compare our season ticket prices with other clubs - I'd rather have cheap tickets and expensive beer, but there will always be complaints.......

The concourse is always 10 deep to get a beer or a pie, so there are people that are happy to pay and it's their choice, the demand is clearly there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2022 at 21:28, MalletFox said:

In the Family Stand there was a new bar called North Bar, where you scanned your bank card before entering, you then collect your beers, drinks, snacks and the cameras pick up what you’ve collected, and then you walk out. Was quite impressed with it, and they had San Miguel!

No San Miguel yesterday. It was on sale for the Seville friendly. Not sure why they have got rid of the only half decent beer. 

• Like 1