Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MalletFox

22/23 Concourse Changes

25 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I know the printers,  it’s £14,000 a game. Thats before any staff costs to put them out.

£14,000 x 23 home games = £322,000 lol

I know you can’t buy anything like a decent player for that these days but it’s essentially almost £6,200 per week. I’d imagine you could find a decent kid on loan for that at this level.

Meanwhile it’s one out, one in on the transfer front. I do wonder how much hasn’t been stripped back that could be in order to dedicate more resources to the playing operation this year. It seems as though the club are pretending they’re still a Premier League one and crossing their fingers and hoping for the best with an instant return.

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I know the printers,  it’s £14,000 a game. Thats before any staff costs to put them out.

Is that last years cost for the whole ground, or this years costs where they have clearly printed less?

Edited by Chelmofox

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I know you can’t buy anything like a decent player for that these days but it’s essentially almost £6,200 per week. I’d imagine you could find a decent kid on loan for that at this level.

Meanwhile it’s one out, one in on the transfer front. I do wonder how much hasn’t been stripped back that could be in order to dedicate more resources to the playing operation this year. It seems as though the club are pretending they’re still a Premier League one and crossing their fingers and hoping for the best with an instant return.

Probably looking at close to 3 million quid including staff costs spent on clappers since they came in back in 2015

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Callum Doyle’s supposedly on £3.5k a week, according to a few websites I’ve seen.

Guest Fox99
17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Eh? 

You can say no and they won't give you one? 

Even if it was on your seat, you didn't have to use it lol

Agreed and said as much in my post. However, it's still a factor in uptake in my opinion.

On 21/08/2023 at 14:31, Collymore said:

Lad next to me  (didn't look much older than 18) nonchalantly drinking a can of strongbow second half. He didn't even take the can and left it at his seat which I thought was silly as they would easily go and check the CCTV if they could be bothered. 

7-8 years ago now, but me and mate used to bring a half bottle of whiskey (the flat bottle type) in often left it above our seats at the back of the kop. never occurred to us they'd bother checking cctv 

On 21/08/2023 at 14:31, Collymore said:

Lad next to me  (didn't look much older than 18) nonchalantly drinking a can of strongbow second half. He didn't even take the can and left it at his seat which I thought was silly as they would easily go and check the CCTV if they could be bothered. 

1 hour ago, ParkerPen said:

7-8 years ago now, but me and mate used to bring a half bottle of whiskey (the flat bottle type) in often left it above our seats at the back of the kop. never occurred to us they'd bother checking cctv 

I doubt the staff paid around the minimum wage mark, to clean the stadium give enough of a sh*t to report a can of cider while they’re trying to get done asap on a Saturday evening. That’s if they even take any notice of what they’re picking up.

It’d be riskier walking up the stairs and into the concourse with the empty can than leave it on the floor. Even then, if a copper or steward saw you, it’s not worth the hassle doing anything about it really is it. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I remember a few years ago after queuing all half time for a beer pouring it into an empty cup they used to have on the bar and walking up the stairs to our seat. As we went past the steward he was a bit suss and was trying to look into the cup as I went past, I held it with my hand over the top. Anyway as I got to my seat I could see him watching me so I spent ten minutes pretending to blow on a coffee to cool it until he lost interest. 

lol Brilliant! 

During the game I can understand but by the time it’s done and dusted it’s not worth their time!

On 21/08/2023 at 19:24, Freeman's Wharfer said:

But they don't want to spend around £500K on safe standing.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Rotherham with local beers on today. Wish we would be open to do the same.

Totally agree, have we ever served a local beer? 

One of the things I really enjoy when going away in this country is drinking the local beers, was in Yorkshire last weekend and when in the pubs/restaurants was sampling the beers brewed a few miles down the road in Masham. 

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Totally agree, have we ever served a local beer? 

One of the things I really enjoy when going away in this country is drinking the local beers, was in Yorkshire last weekend and when in the pubs/restaurants was sampling the beers brewed a few miles down the road in Masham. 

Years and years ago Everards advertised at Filbo. Not sure if the beers were on also.

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Defo seen it advertised in a programme, I was shocked though.

Yes sure I’ve seen it advertised in an old programme, never seen it sold mind, even in hospitality. It’s a shame as if they put on decent grub and good local beer I’m sure they’d have more people attend early bringing in more revenue rather than doing what we do which is drink and eat in town and then taxi in 5 minutes before kick off. Maybe that’s the plan once the expand the stadium.