Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coolhandfox

Set Piece Coach

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's changed but clearly something has. Maybe just being a tad more aggressive in attacking the ball

I'd need to watch again properly, but it looks the same mix of zonal and Man to man. Faes, Dan and Cags have their zones on the 6 years box....I'm guessing they markers have been taught a simple butnfar better method of blocking runs and hindering jumps than the old disastrous arms wide and face the man technique 

Edit, they have all been instructed to rush the second ball for a block too, rather than worry about marking or positioning

Edited by Paninistickers

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Maybe he's been instructed to, it seems to me putting them there reduces the risk of a counter attack so could be a temporary pragmatic decision until we get better at trying to gain from our corners or he he could just be poor.

... he always puts them there, it is not as if we have someone who makes a dash for the near post to capitalise on this so called strategy!!!

There is a poster who came up with some stats to say that he does not always hit the near post with his corners. He has also stopped his follow through from corners, once he has made the contact with the ball and his manufactured follow through would have impacted his hip problem. 

We need to have others on set pieces,  he is good from a certain distance and position on the pitch, but he should not be the one taking over other deadball situations. KDH I  believe will be perfect for deadballs, he does not put himself forward, and needs to be given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's changed but clearly something has. Maybe just being a tad more aggressive in attacking the ball

You're right and it does beg the question how fit for purpose at a Premiership club our pre-existing coaches were? Even the basics looked shocking. Coaches like players shouldn't get too comfortable, perhaps a couple of coach sackings and new recruitment is required?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I’ve noticed for sure that players are paying more attention to attacking the ball rather than  trying to stop the opposition attacking the ball . Time and time again players were too busy trying to stop the person they were marking and no one seemed to be making an attempt to win the actual ball . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Although a professional football player shouldn’t really need a coach of any persuasion to tell them that

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

You're right and it does beg the question how fit for purpose at a Premiership club our pre-existing coaches were? Even the basics looked shocking. Coaches like players shouldn't get too comfortable, perhaps a couple of coach sackings and new recruitment is required?

...the only problem with that is, that Rodgers will have to admit that his choices of Lieutenants were ill-advised and plain bad choices!!!

Although he does seem to like to through people under the bus, I cannot see him releasing any of his staff for underperforming.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Although a professional football player shouldn’t really need a coach of any persuasion to tell them that

A lot of it will analysing footage and going over routines with players focusing on body shape, timing, decoy runs etc.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Oh, another positive thread turned into a BR bash tread how refreshing.

Indeed, be nice if people could occasionally have the ability to come to conclusions that may entertain the concept that their original entrenched positions could be questioned, but responding with largely unfunny tropes or emoticons is obviously far more rewarding 

• Like 4

I find the whole set piece coach thing weird. If i were Top/Susan i'd be getting Brendan, Kolo, Stowell in and saying 'what the **** were you saying to them for the last 18months that this guys has sorted in less than 3 weeks'. It embarrasses all of them that basically this guys has taught the team how to defend set pieces since he joined. Granted Faes and his attacking of the ball has made a difference, but it's the whole team taking more responsibility and adopting a better shape.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the only problem with that is, that Rodgers will have to admit that his choices of Lieutenants were ill-advised and plain bad choices!!!

Although he does seem to like to through people under the bus, I cannot see him releasing any of his staff for underperforming.

They were also good enough to get us European football and an FA cup so maybe they’re not all bad? 

Madders needs to do Lars a favour now and practice the actual art of taking a ****ing corner lol I see Lars has helped him out by devising the 'edge of the box' routine, needs to work both ways though.

He's cracked free kicks and general play, just needs to put the hours in on getting past the first man. 

I noticed Grealish did the same but was only given two chances and then swapped with KDB... i'd like us to see us be more ruthless like that as I think KDH can take a decent corner.

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Madders needs to do Lars a favour now and practice the actual art of taking a ****ing corner lol I see Lars has helped him out by devising the 'edge of the box' routine, needs to work both ways though.

He's cracked free kicks and general play, just needs to put the hours in on getting past the first man. 

I noticed Grealish did the same but was only given two chances and then swapped with KDB... i'd like us to see us be more ruthless like that as I think KDH can take a decent corner.

Having a left footer adds better variability too

• Like 3