Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

9 hours ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Top Class keeper in your day were you?

Er, no, top class observer though. It was so obvious that if the Brentford player was going to have a shot it was going to be in that corner of the goal, he could have shot anywhere else. I was dead in line with the shot and you could see it was going to happen. Ward couldn’t have got anywhere near it cos of his positioning.

Edited by yorkie1999

On 08/08/2022 at 08:49, yorkie1999 said:

Er, no, top class observer though. It was so obvious that if the Brentford player was going to have a shot it was going to be in that corner of the goal, he could have shot anywhere else. I was dead in line with the shot and you could see it was going to happen. Ward couldn’t have got anywhere near it cos of his positioning.

Can you take some stills from the highlights and explain to us where he went wrong as I'm looking at his as someone that spent their entire youth in goal and I'm struggling to find his error.

The cut inside and extra touch create an angle and the finish is absolutely exquisite. All of this happens within about 1.5 seconds. 

Always happy to learn though, so I'm interested to know at what stages you think he made an error of judgement in the 2 seconds it took Da Silva to shift inside and curl it into the far corner.

• Like 2

if Iversen isn’t going to be number 1 now, he never will be. I think we should be selling him while his stock is high because their must be some internal doubt about him. 

I personally wanted him to start but Brendan has gone for the safe bet … which feels like the way he tends to go. 

Edited by Lambert09

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if Iversen isn’t going to be number 1 now, he never will be. I think we should be selling him while his stock is high because their must be some internal doubt about him. 

I personally wanted him to start but Brendan has gone for the safe bet … which feels like the way he tends to go. 

Tricky one this. We can't afford to get rid as it leaves us with one keeper. We really need two number 1's to fight for a place. Ward has that spot but he knows Iversen is right behind him. A few average games and who knows.

I probably wanted Iversen to get thrown in for that reason but maybe a season as number 2 with cup games will progress him and move him closer to the team. Then let him fight for number 1 spot next season. Who knows under what manager as that changes dynamic

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Rubbish and with the signing of Smithies we’ve now got three championship keepers to pick from. This is as big a shambles as the winger situation.

Don’t think Ward is the problem, it’s the low quality defense in front of him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Correct there are worse issues today, and Ward is fine if we're aiming for 15th-20th.

Do you think he should've done any better for the goals?

1st one is just brilliant, and the 2nd one it isn't one he can come for and he is where a keeper should be in that scenario

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Do you think he should've done any better for the goals?

1st one is just brilliant, and the 2nd one it isn't one he can come for and he is where a keeper should be in that scenario

I think this team needs a top level keeper the amount of chances we give away since the start of last season and continue to do so.