Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

once the decision was made to go with Ward you have to give him at least 5-10 league games, otherwise the pressure on Iversen is immense, if after 10 games Ward isn't cutting it then you can make a change but I don't think Ward will be the biggest problem we have, he's not a top class keeper but he's far from useless as some claim

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Neither is good enough, really. But Ward seems marginally better and, hopefully, will grow. Although, that’s difficult in a team playing with low confidence.

How on earth are you writing Iversen off when he has not played a minute yet.

2 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

How on earth are you writing Iversen off when he has not played a minute yet.

He’s played minutes. Not in the PL, but he’s played. He seems nervous and anxious, is my working hypotheses. Delighted for him to blow that away. He’s gotta get past Ward first, though. And those that see him ‘play’ every day in training have him second on that scoreboard. 🤷

13 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

He’s played minutes. Not in the PL, but he’s played. He seems nervous and anxious, is my working hypotheses. Delighted for him to blow that away. He’s gotta get past Ward first, though. And those that see him ‘play’ every day in training have him second on that scoreboard. 🤷

When? If you're talking about some pre season friendlies that's absolutely laughable. They guy has played twice as many senior games as Ward for a reason.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

you’re absolutely right.. a manger has never selected a worse player before because he sees them everyday in training 

Edited by Lambert09

Oh FFS

Are we really going to do this every time there's a mistake or issue with him? It's not like Schmeichel never made any errors.

He needs time to settle, time to get an understanding with the defence. Not sure what anyone would do if we put Iversen in and he threw one in after 20 minutes. "Right, get Smithies in there!"

Rodgers has made him number one and that's it. I don't see Iversen playing anything but cup games or coming in for injuries.

• Like 2

I've never been convinced by Ward, but there were serious errors all over the pitch today. He shouldn't be singled out. And in truth I've not seen enough of him to be sure that he's crap. Neither have I seen enough of Iversen to believe that he wouldn't be, though - based on the scant information I've got to go on - he'd have fit the profile of a more forward-thinking promotion to the side.

Personally I thought it was a mistake to let Kasper go because I believe he's still one of the best in the game, and if I were desperate for funds I wouldn't have been pushing too hard for higher outgoing fees while he was quietly slipping out of the back door. But I don't know what was said behind closed doors, or the finer points of our financial dealings, and we saw on here (weirdly, I thought) that most fans agreed it was 'time'. Right or wrong, we have to live with the decision now and give his successor a bit of patience. For now, at least!

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When? If you're talking about some pre season friendlies that's absolutely laughable. They guy has played twice as many senior games as Ward for a reason.

Why is it laughable? Are the requirements of organ dining a defence and catching a ball different in a friendly? I’d suggest there’s even less pressure on such games to affect  him. Coaching staff seem to have him second - for now 🤷

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you’re absolutely right.. a manger has never selected a worse player before because he sees them everyday in training 

Managers select players for all sorts of reasons. I’m not party to that information. Are you?