Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Yep I also remember Vardy missing chances, what’s your point 

My point is that all players make mistakes and noone is infallible, neither Vardy or Kasper. Goalkeepers' mistakes are more obvious. But you want to jump the gun because of your preconceptions. All the best. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You remember all Kasper's mistakes? 

No, can't really remember any, and he'd been here ages, they've all been replaced in my memory by images of his saves winning us the FA cup etc.

Edited by Heskey2011

1 minute ago, Heskey2011 said:

No, can't really remember any, and he'd been here ages, they've all been replaced in my memory by images of his saves winning us the FA cup etc.

Ah well. I remember Bournemouth and Watford, for example. People are looking for scapegoats. Ward is the latest when actually he made some good stops as well as an unfortunate error. Rodgers is the problem. Kasper's a legend, full stop, we agree. Great in that final as you say. End of. Have a nice evening. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Ah well. I remember Bournemouth and Watford, for example. People are looking for scapegoats. Ward is the latest when actually he made some good stops as well as an unfortunate error. Rodgers is the problem. Kasper's a legend, full stop, we agree. Great in that final as you say. End of. Have a nice evening. 

Yeah nah today wasn't just Ward's fault, he did make some great saves and decent kicking as well, but in terms of league experience Ward's got next to none, any goalie that played 30 games last season will be more on it surely than Ward is.  I don't think he's match fit if that applies to goalies.

BR has thrown him in the deep end it's not really fair to judge him yet.

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy said:

yes, it was common place, Kasper could do what DDG did for Brentford's first and somehow he'd find a reason to blame the rest of the side

Nah you're on the wind up mate, you can't think that fvck sake, that's my cue to go bed, leave you to your nonsense 🤣

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

his leadership like blaming literally anyone else bar himself for every goal ever? he never struck me as a proper leader on the pitch

If he played for anyone else I reckon we'd have all thought he was an absolute tool. Everyone gets rattled when bellends like Bruno Fernandes are constantly running their mouths and trying to ref the game but when Schmeichel does it it's because he cares so much and is a fantastic leader.

6 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You watch Wales a lot? I'll remind you that Jordan Pickford is England 's number 1. A low bar - if he can touch it. 😂

I'm assuming that you think Pickford is crap then, fair enough, I'm not a fan myself, Even taking that into account, comparing Ward with Pickford is like comparing Holly Willoughby with Susan Boyle, and believe me Ward certainly isn't the Holly Willoughby of the two.  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

his leadership like blaming literally anyone else bar himself for every goal ever? he never struck me as a proper leader on the pitch

But this is exactly what winning mentality should look like. There's not many obvious clangers that Kasper made here and he would have a go at the defence if there were things that could have been done better. Nothing wrong with that!! 

8 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

My point is that all players make mistakes and noone is infallible, neither Vardy or Kasper. Goalkeeper' mistakes are more obvious. But you want to jump the gun because of your preconceptions. All the best. 

Like this one you mean.

He Certainly fills me with loads of confidence.

Edited by smudger63
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

My last blast on this. Watching MOTD again this morning, Ward's error was very poor but he also made some excellent stops as he did against Brentford. 

But for some on here, we need a prime scapegoat. Rodgers should carry most of the can. Full stop. But Tielemans was abysmal. Fofana was very poor, Vardy was poor etc.... So let's kick Ward. 

If Iversen comes in next week, let's hope he has a blinder (or preferably it's not needed). Heaven help if he makes a mistake too. Post Kasper is an unenviable position. 

Finally, speaking to one of my mates, a very knowledgeable CCFC fan last night, he reckons Smithies is easily PL standard and a very good keeper. So a very good capture if needed. I can't comment but I trust his judgement. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Why was he trying to catch it with one hand, especially with us just got back in the game.

I still cannot believe we've gone into a season, a top flight season, with Ward and Iversen as our goalkeepers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You remember all Kasper's mistakes? 

Yes - don’t remember him dropping a ball like that since Doncaster in the championship. The context he made the mistake in is even worse. Poor distribution leading to a goal is not the same as that crap ward did

• Like 2
  • Haha 1