Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

Forget Ward and Iversen.  I'm watching OHL and their new guy is THE ANSWER.

Check this out -- he makes this save 37% of the time.  So quick he’s telepathic :o  Best keeper in City history, just waiting to happen.

854572039_goalprob.JPG.9e5a09aeda2fd2e049b7fc1b080f2679.JPG

(BTW this one went in.  Bad luck I guess)

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Ward’s last 4 appearances in domestic football and we have conceded a whopping 12 goals against the following teams - 

championship Notts Forest 

already relegated Watford 

Brentford 

Arsenal 

for that reason I am out and it’s Daniel Iversen for me 

And if Iversen comes and concedes goals to Southampton and Stockport? We change back again? Bit of a bizarre way to instill confidence in your keeper and defence. The guy has had 2 games. Enough of the Iversen love, it's a pointless debate, he's not going to be the number one this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supernuk said:

Outside of a few games for Leicester and being Wales number 1, has ward actually had much competitive football throughout his career. 

Nope, half a season at Aberdeen and then a full season at Huddersfield before joining us and that is basically it

image.png.c4465834533c3d94650249c5963d9d30.png

• Sad 1

Sorry but I don’t think either are a No1 yes Ward is Wales No1 but we need to bring in a quality Keeper, nothing against the two of them but they just don’t fill me with confidence especially when we go up against the likes of Man City Liverpool Chelsea etc I also feel now Kasper has gone and we didn’t find an equal or better Keeper then this might come and bite us on the backside and go against us !🤷

Edited by justfoxes
  • Thanks 1

Ward has reached his peak, bang average to lower table first team prem GK. Will be fine on the whole but expect to see many a mistake as seen yesterday. 

I genuinely haven’t seen enough of Iversen so can’t comment. 

Where is he at right now and how good could he be? Someone help me out. 

36 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ward has reached his peak, bang average to lower table first team prem GK. Will be fine on the whole but expect to see many a mistake as seen yesterday. 

I genuinely haven’t seen enough of Iversen so can’t comment. 

Where is he at right now and how good could he be? Someone help me out. 

I found it very weird that Iversen played all pre season then Ward came straight in. Though Rodgers has spent the past 2/3 years saying that Ward is a number 1, so I suppose he'd have looked silly (which as well know is very rare for Brendan) if he hadn't selected Ward.

Ward may well grow into the roll, he's never really had a run of games, so i'll be interesting to see how he does as he builds up a relationship with his defenders and gets sharper.

On 14/08/2022 at 19:10, KingsX said:

Forget Ward and Iversen.  I'm watching OHL and their new guy is THE ANSWER.

Check this out -- he makes this save 37% of the time.  So quick he’s telepathic :o  Best keeper in City history, just waiting to happen.

854572039_goalprob.JPG.9e5a09aeda2fd2e049b7fc1b080f2679.JPG

(BTW this one went in.  Bad luck I guess)

Did you watch the Club Brugge game? The gk saving 2/3 pens, two from Hans Vanaken. 

On 14/08/2022 at 22:38, supernuk said:

We could have had pope or Henderson. Rogers managing of this club is getting very poor. The signings of Vestergaard and Bertrand were woeful. 

That's the worst part about this, kasper clearly knew he was off, he'd made his mind up, all this extended break bollocks, he should have shipped out on day one of the Sumner window

and we could have gone in for one of these. He shafted us royally by hardly playing pre season and then ****ing off at the last minute.

Really disappointing. 

As for ward and iversen. Ward isn't good enough, as many have said he's too casual. Give it iversen for the next 14 games to the winter break and asses it then. I think that's about all we can do now.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2022 at 19:33, moore_94 said:

Nope, half a season at Aberdeen and then a full season at Huddersfield before joining us and that is basically it

image.png.c4465834533c3d94650249c5963d9d30.png

I have been thinking of him as the senior keeper.    Smithies is probably the senior keeper.  He has far more experience,   Iversen is probably ready to step up with over 150 league appearances.   

Ward could come good but from what I have seen so far, it is unlikely.   Iversen has spent years being prepared to succeed Schmeichel;  Ward has spent years as a number 2.   

On 14/08/2022 at 19:13, iancognito said:

And if Iversen comes and concedes goals to Southampton and Stockport? We change back again? Bit of a bizarre way to instill confidence in your keeper and defence. The guy has had 2 games. Enough of the Iversen love, it's a pointless debate, he's not going to be the number one this season.

If Ward continues to let in multiple goals for the next few games he won’t be number 1. Particularly if he drops more clangers.

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Ah yes.  Of course.  I remember Conrad playing in goal for his country in a successful World Cup qualifying campaign.  

He never got the chance because no one ever saw him play for about 10 years lol

• Haha 1