Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

12 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper was a world class keeper and now we've got a bang average one. 

If you ranked all the PL goalkeepers right now, Ward would probably be in the bottom three.

At least he’s got reliable protection in front of him. I’d hate to think of our record if we didn’t.

You can make a very strong case for all three keepers being Championship level goalkeepers. Ward, Iversen and Smithies have a combined number of 446 Championship matches between them, with Ward the only keeper to have played in the Premier League - just five appearances. His blunder at the weekend has hardly made me feel reassured that he will be good enough at Premier League level.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper was a world class keeper and now we've got a bang average one. 

If you ranked all the PL goalkeepers right now, Ward would probably be in the bottom three.

That’s the clubs fault.

Not the players, he isn’t masquerading as a world class GK on 100k a week.
Quite the opposite. He stuck around to play second fiddle for 4 years. 

If the club think he is an adequate replacement after not giving him a game in the league for 4 consecutive seasons the responsibility lies with them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pinkman said:

You can make a very strong case for all three keepers being Championship level goalkeepers. Ward, Iversen and Smithies have a combined number of 446 Championship matches between them, with Ward the only keeper to have played in the Premier League - just five appearances. His blunder at the weekend has hardly made me feel reassured that he will be good enough at Premier League level.

For the first time in ages I agree with a point Rodgers made, in that Fofana is arguably to blame for the blunder more than Ward was, he was far too deep and his positioning caused the problem, that and poor communication between the two 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Ah yes.  Of course.  I remember Conrad playing in goal for his country in a successful World Cup qualifying campaign.  

Conrad won Hibs Scottish cup for first time in a hundred years; despite being clinically overweight and not playing for previous year 

also ward got dropped for Hennessy (the bloke who does Nazi salutes without knowing who Hitler was)

such a bang average keeper

12m for a Welsh and slim version of Conrad

Edited by eblair
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, eblair said:

Conrad won Hibs Scottish cup for first time in a hundred years; despite being clinically overweight and not playing for previous year 

also ward got dropped for Hennessy (the bloke who does Nazi salutes without knowing who Hitler was)

such a bang average keeper

12m for a Welsh and slim version of Conrad

When is your spot at the Edinburgh Fringe?  I might book.  

Why are people suggesting Ward is a 'Lower Premier League keeper'?....He hasn't even proved he's good enough for the Championship. The bloke has had 43 games, at the age of 29, in the Championship....That's like being 40 and the only job you had was a paper round at school. 

Ward should be our number three, not number one. Iversen and Smithies are both more experienced, and Iversen is the one with the most potential and coming off the back of a season where he was Preston's version of KDH, he was both their player of the year and players player of the year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 14/08/2022 at 19:13, iancognito said:

And if Iversen comes and concedes goals to Southampton and Stockport? We change back again? Bit of a bizarre way to instill confidence in your keeper and defence. The guy has had 2 games. Enough of the Iversen love, it's a pointless debate, he's not going to be the number one this season.

While I agree Ward needs more time, a whole season is far too much time, if Iverson impresses in the cups why not give him more games, no competition for the GK is precisely what we have had for 11 years, let's make it an open competition, but if Ward hasn't done enough to impress after 8-10 games change it up.

Same people bashing Ward are probably the ones who would say stuff like "if my name was banks or Shilton would I get a game?" in the early days when Kasper would make a blunder. Of which there was quite a lot.  

This was always going to happen if Ward made a mistake early on. Luckily none of the clueless morons on here are worth listening to and he will get given a proper chance. 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 08:51, funkyrobot said:

If Ward continues to let in multiple goals for the next few games he won’t be number 1. Particularly if he drops more clangers.

Fofana was more to blame than Ward. Clearly not used to a keeper coming out to claim the ball. Just get out of the damn way man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Same people bashing Ward are probably the ones who would say stuff like "if my name was banks or Shilton would I get a game?" in the early days when Kasper would make a blunder. Of which there was quite a lot.  

This was always going to happen if Ward made a mistake early on. Luckily none of the clueless morons on here are worth listening to and he will get given a proper chance. 

Was there? Barely made many big errors in his 10 years here, admittedly they became more frequent latterly.

Yep, everyone who doesn't think he should be number 1 is a moron. Great take

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Was there? Barely made many big errors in his 10 years here, admittedly they became more frequent latterly.

Yep, everyone who doesn't think he should be number 1 is a moron. Great take

This is bullshit, he made his fair share every season he was just popular so people over looked them, all keepers make errors.

Just like Kasper did tonight…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

This is bullshit, he made his fair share every season he was just popular so people over looked them, all keepers make errors.

Just like Kasper did tonight…

No it isn't. You just hate Kasper and have always made that clear.

I didn't say he made no errors but big errors that led directly to goals? Not that many at all over a 10 year period.

8 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

No it isn't. You just hate Kasper and have always made that clear.

I didn't say he made no errors but big errors that led directly to goals? Not that many at all over a 10 year period.

Yes he did he’s made many of them but you love him too much to see it.

I do not and have never hated him he just had weaknesses that I called aloud and people such as yourself got your panties in a bunch over it

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Yes he did he’s made many of them but you love him too much to see it.

I do not and have never hated him he just had weaknesses that I called aloud and people such as yourself got your panties in a bunch over it

Have a look here and see what you think. Spoiler: he's averaging less than 1 a season for all the Premier League seasons. Makes him one of the most dependable goalkeepers in the Prem. And before you try and twist and say that the stat doesn't show other errors, I have repeatedly said 'big errors' which this stat defines (as stats go it's one of the more reliable out there). Yes, there will be times where he could have done better with a goal conceded but clearly not a big error.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/error_lead_to_goal

I'm really not precious about it. Sure, I love the bloke and think he was a fantastic keeper. Doesn't mean he was perfect or didn't have some big flaws, which we all know about and agree on. But he was still rightly regarded as one of the best around.

As I said, you don't like him and never have so you're blowing up some minor errors into bigger things. Certainly better than Danny Ward, who I still think is a decent keeper.

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Have a look here and see what you think. Spoiler: he's averaging less than 1 a season for all the Premier League seasons. Makes him one of the most dependable goalkeepers in the Prem. And before you try and twist and say that the stat doesn't show other errors, I have repeatedly said 'big errors' which this stat defines (as stats go it's one of the more reliable out there). Yes, there will be times where he could have done better with a goal conceded but clearly not a big error.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/error_lead_to_goal

I'm really not precious about it. Sure, I love the bloke and think he was a fantastic keeper. Doesn't mean he was perfect or didn't have some big flaws, which we all know about and agree on. But he was still rightly regarded as one of the best around.

As I said, you don't like him and never have so you're blowing up some minor errors into bigger things. Certainly better than Danny Ward, who I still think is a decent keeper.

I mean it’s not like he was much different to anyone else last season.

you have just spun a stat and turned him

into one of the most dependable and reliable keepers in the league.

Here is last season for example 

2BCF3A3E-4453-4683-A74D-75CE1A23B857.thumb.jpeg.15a5b0e3a61c044f0d3916fcda4f6d6d.jpeg

I don’t think there is a case to argue with Kasper being better than Danny Ward, but he was also paid about 7 times more. So it's to be expected right?

KS was also on the decline and for whatever reason he isn't here anymore.

So lets give Ward at least 5 games to impress, before jumping on his back.

On 17/08/2022 at 17:06, pmcla26 said:

Ward did quite a lot well on Saturday as well, let's not get on his back yet. 

How many misplaced passes did Dewsbury-Hall make when he was first adjusting to the side and getting his confidence? Let's give Ward some time to get going and if he doesn't perform well over a period of a few months, then we can criticise. 

I am with you on this...

The Idiot brigade is out again....People Hide behind the right of an ...opinion

How the Bloody hell can you have an opinion After Two fking games..

Posters are so determines Not to support individual players,before they have a chance, to either start their Leicester career,or ReKindle their Hope of being able

to Take Part in Proving their worth has First choice.....

This forum is so Toxic & dire,against the playing staff before the season as started....

Kasper earnt his Legend status,But like Banks,Shilton & Wallington before him.....Made some clangers, But  we allowed the odd mistake, over several seasons,

because of tremendous saves regular made,or Days it was just impossible to get by them...But again over several seasons...

Not forgetting if the GK became active, the outfield-players, had failed in their Defensive cover..

Mistakes,errors, penalties, red cards are all Part of the game...Too many on here get so narked about it...

the Lads n lasses on the terraces,dribling their Pints at half-time,

Choking on their pies, or bumping into Lamp-post while Walking home,are more error-strewn..!!

Encourage & support first...Let  the season first get underway...

Edited by fuchsntf

Just now, HankMarvin said:

I mean it’s not like he was much different to anyone else last season.

you have just spun a stat and turned him

into one of the most dependable and reliable keepers in the league.

Here is last season for example 

2BCF3A3E-4453-4683-A74D-75CE1A23B857.thumb.jpeg.15a5b0e3a61c044f0d3916fcda4f6d6d.jpeg

I don’t think there is a case to argue with Kasper being better than Danny Ward, but he was also paid about 7 times more. So it's to be expected right?

KS was also on the decline and for whatever reason he isn't here anymore.

So lets give Ward at least 5 games to impress, before jumping on his back.

What?! How have I spun it? Did you read what I originally said? 

I have only talked about BIG errors over his whole time here. That stat is errors leading to goals, a stat I would say defines a big error no? I didn't go and cherry pick stats, I provided them for the whole time in the Prem with us and he averages less than 1 a season. Hardly lots of big errors is it? So yes, one of the more reliable keepers in the league. And I even said that the errors were more frequent recently? I literally couldn't have spun that less if I tried lol.

And you've basically backed up my point that he didn't make loads of big errors (yet last season was his worst with us).

I also didn't slag Danny Ward off either; said he's a decent keeper!

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Fofana was more to blame than Ward. Clearly not used to a keeper coming out to claim the ball. Just get out of the damn way man.

Fofana was poor but a goalkeeper of Ward’s size should’ve been able to deal with his defender out of position. He actually tried to catch the ball 1 handed. Ward apologised straight after, ultimately it was his fault. 

18 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Fofana was poor but a goalkeeper of Ward’s size should’ve been able to deal with his defender out of position. He actually tried to catch the ball 1 handed. Ward apologised straight after, ultimately it was his fault. 

No denying that but you don't drop someone after one error. He's been named the number one and will no doubt save us a few goals & points this season. No good writing the guy off after one error but there's a few sounding like they want him to make an error just so Iversen gets a game, when in truth he's just as capable of throwing one in as Ward, no matter how much the Preston fans raved about him.