Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

Can’t see what Iversen has done wrong. Literally never played a competitive game for us.

Ward is awful. Haven’t seen first goal yet. But the second we’re sort of saves Kasper used to make all the time, and from what we have heard about Iversen saves he made at PNE

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

Ward is the worst no.1 in the premier league, prove me wrong 

No one is gonna argue with that, although Soton's didn't look any better. Our xG must've been about 0.1 today and he conceded 10x that!! Even Wardy would blush at that.

• Like 1

Doesn't look commanding at all does he? Like your annoying mate who's good at everything without trying, but he's somehow blagged his way into a professional football career and is now way out of his depth. We look a far weaker side without Kasper, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Doesn't look commanding at all does he? Like your annoying mate who's good at everything without trying, but he's somehow blagged his way into a professional football career and is now way out of his depth. We look a far weaker side without Kasper, that's for sure.

Now I know why Klopp didn't want him......just because he was at Liverpool we got rinsed paying 10m for him 🙄

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

The incident where Aribo was booked for diving was shocking goalkeeping, I was right inline with that. It was Wards ball all day long, but he didn't commit & allowed Aribo to get there first, fortunately he pulled back & didn't touch him. He should have smothered the ball easily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jesus Christ, this forum. Lose a game, blame Ward. No doubt we'll beat Stockport in the week and people will be sucking off Iversen and claiming all four goals we scored were down to his commanding presence.

Ward has made 3 appearances for us. Just because your man Iversen didn't get made number one you turn on the guy that did. And don't come at me with all that expected goals bollocks because that's all it is, bollocks. XGc is the sort of spreadsheet crap that people come up with when they've finished making changes to Daddy's fantasy football team. It means absolutely nothing in actual football matches.

Put Kasper in goal this season and we'd have conceded....8 goals. He'd have done nothing different. Today's goals were down to the defence not twatting it clear and Tielemans (and his obvious inexperience of Premier League football :ermm: ) playing us into trouble.

Giving this thread a wide berth, it's like a childish witch hunt.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, steve555 said:

The incident where Aribo was booked for diving was shocking goalkeeping, I was right inline with that. It was Wards ball all day long, but he didn't commit & allowed Aribo to get there first, fortunately he pulled back & didn't touch him. He should have smothered the ball easily.

Spot on. He'd almost done it before that too. 

If Iversen isn't better than Ward then I'd be tempted to put Smithies in goal for now. I can't believe I'm not even joking when I say that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Jesus Christ, this forum. Lose a game, blame Ward. No doubt we'll beat Stockport in the week and people will be sucking off Iversen and claiming all four goals we scored were down to his commanding presence.

Ward has made 3 appearances for us. Just because your man Iversen didn't get made number one you turn on the guy that did. And don't come at me with all that expected goals bollocks because that's all it is, bollocks. XGc is the sort of spreadsheet crap that people come up with when they've finished making changes to Daddy's fantasy football team. It means absolutely nothing in actual football matches.

Put Kasper in goal this season and we'd have conceded....8 goals. He'd have done nothing different. Today's goals were down to the defence not twatting it clear and Tielemans (and his obvious inexperience of Premier League football :ermm: ) playing us into trouble.

Giving this thread a wide berth, it's like a childish witch hunt.

He’s conceded almost double the amount of goals he was expected to concede over these 3 games. Whether you like it or not this is an absolute key statistic for a goalkeeper. 

• Like 1