Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

13 minutes ago, eblair said:

Iversen has done nothing wrong yet. We should really give a go.

Ward been a disaster. Kasper was making a worldly save every week last year, no chance we would have conceded 8 with him in goal so far

That’s because we have been spoilt to have such a talented keeper for so long. Anyone else will look second rate to Kasper, unless we fork out billions.  

From what I saw in Preseason, Iverson didn’t look ready for premier league. He looked too nervous, hence some mistakes. I still think there’s a decent keeper in him, but right now, not the right time for him to play for us. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Just now, fox_favourite said:

That’s because we have been spoilt to have such a talented keeper for so long. Anyone else will look second rate to Kasper, unless we fork out way too much. 

From what I saw in Preseason, Iverson didn’t look ready for premier league. He looked too nervous, hence some mistakes. I still think there’s a decent keeper in him, but right now, not the right time for him to play for us. 

Really?! KDH was similarly player of season for champ club and looks Prem quality.

Agree won’t be Kasper level; but Iversen done more in his career than Ward

4 minutes ago, eblair said:

Really?! KDH was similarly player of season for champ club and looks Prem quality.

Agree won’t be Kasper level; but Iversen done more in his career than Ward

KDH and Iverson are two different players in different positions, so can’t really compare. It’s just from what I’ve seen of Iverson, just didn’t fill me with confidence. 

Having a really good keeper is vital to the team, and a lot more pressure. Yes he did well at Preston, but still had some games where he was nervy for them. In our current situation with confidence low and the club rocking a little, I just don’t think it’ll be fair on Iverson for his development at the moment to play him. 

Maybe play him on Tuesday will be a shout to see how he gets on. I’m more than happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

How was Ward yesterday? Watched highlights and couldn't really fault him for either of the goals - let down by the poor defending in front of him.

How was he in terms of distribution, commanding the box/area, crosses. Any other decent saves?

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How was Ward yesterday? Watched highlights and couldn't really fault him for either of the goals - let down by the poor defending in front of him.

How was he in terms of distribution, commanding the box/area, crosses. Any other decent saves?

Imo awful. Was nowhere near both goals; a top flight keeper needs to make saves and he doesn’t.

Kicking doesn’t offer anything just rolls short to Amartey who crap on the ball. One cross take but was not commanding otherwise. Also particularly crap coming off his line to sweep.

People take for granted that all PL keeper make stupidly good saves which they all do. Ward doesn’t cos he’s not a PL keeper.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, eblair said:

Imo awful. Was nowhere near both goals; a top flight keeper needs to make saves and he doesn’t.

Kicking doesn’t offer anything just rolls short to Amartey who crap on the ball. One cross take but was not commanding otherwise. Also particularly crap coming off his line to sweep.

People take for granted that all PL keeper make stupidly good saves which they all do. Ward doesn’t cos he’s not a PL keeper.

Like I said, I don't think he could do anything about the goals as he was let down by defenders giving too much space to strikers ahead of him. 

Shame to hear he's not commanding and didn't kick long - but I guess the latter is more of a tactical instruction as opposed to choice. 

if he kicks long who is it too? Vardy is hardly a target man.

His distribution was fine, kept it simple and completed all of them from memory.

If a new manager comes in and makes the swap fine but for now Ward should stay in net

He’s really not a prem goalkeeper. All prem keepers have tools in their distribution, he has none. No sidewinder, no dinks, not big throw. People moan about Kasper’s kicking it was fine, fair it was brave but that is how goalkeepers play now

Ward is a throwback. Also his shot stopping is really poor. That xG stat is alarming. 

20 minutes ago, eblair said:

Whats Ward meant to do when the defense is unable to do the most basic things and the ball drops perfectly for a premiership striker 6ft away from goal?

The result will be a goal, pretty much 10/10 times

Same goes for the 2nd goal, its a perfect cross, our defender doesn't get anywhere near Adams and he hits it perfectly

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

Just now, LFox99 said:

Whats Ward meant to do when the defense is unable to do the most basic things and the ball drops perfectly for a premiership striker 6ft away from goal?

The result will be a goal, pretty much 10/10 times

Make a save. Technique for second one is wrong. He’s tried to go with his hands rather than his feet. If he goes with feet he’s got a chance of making a save; with his hands he’s got nil chance. The ball has gone pretty centrally as well.

First goal could he have been quicker our, spread himself better. 

I’m fairly confident Kasper would have saved one; and same with most PL keepers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Like I said, I don't think he could do anything about the goals as he was let down by defenders giving too much space to strikers ahead of him. 

Shame to hear he's not commanding and didn't kick long - but I guess the latter is more of a tactical instruction as opposed to choice. 

I was sat behind the goal and I think he could have done more, especially their first goal.