Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

Let’s get our monies worth for Ward, he clearly has the ability as he’s show in a Welsh kit! Maybe actually being a number 1 will be the making of him. I think some people are still a little emotive over the Forest mauling and aren’t able to shift a negative opinion of him, apart from that he’s been more than decent in the limited opportunities he’s had in my opinion.

Slightly surprised how many want Iversen to come straight in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agreed, it's pretty obvious.

I can see a major shakeup over the next 12 months. I'm talking manager, senior players and maybe even at boardroom level. When Ranieri got sacked it's because he fell out with Rudkin over who was running the club, on top of poor performances. In Schmeichel's case he has been offered a 3 year deal at Nice, which implies he was offered less than that (if one at all) by Leicester. Add to that a general lack of backing of the manager and well... 

Or it could be that finances are in a complete mess with Stadium Plans and Training Centre way over budget and Covid wrecking King Power's core business. King Power are pretty good at keeping things private... there haven't been any leaks from Rudkin to Percy this season... which also implies problems behind the scenes.

It will all come out in the wash eventually, and am curious to know what it is. 

Or simple we aren't willing to extend the contract of an aging keeper on the decline at the cost of 7m a year.

How do you know Rodger and Rudkin aren't in total agreement on this one?

Love Kasper but I'd bet his stats last year are now where near his pervious level.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Leeds get away with Messlier in goal, he drops some howlers but is young and will likely improve with time in the team, i very much doubt Iversen is dramatically much worse than him, especially on showings from Preston last season. People make a meal out of “premier league quality goal keeper” - loads of them are average, there’s only 3/4 genuinely good ones in the league anyway, the rest all have their flaws. 

There’s no logic to Danny Ward other than the fact we got bent over paying for him so we get some form of money’s worth. If we’re serious about Iversen being at the club long term, he needs to step up. Otherwise, sell him. 

Edited by Manini

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Leeds get away with Messlier in goal, he drops some howlers but is young and will likely improve with time in the team, i very much doubt Iversen is dramatically much worse than him, especially on showings from Preston last season. People make a meal out of “premier league quality goal keeper” - loads of them are average, there’s only 3/4 genuinely good ones in the league anyway, the rest all have their flaws. 

And even the genuinely good ones make a few clangers too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Or simple we aren't willing to extend the contract of an aging keeper on the decline at the cost of 7m a year.

Love Kasper but I'd bet his stats last year are now where near his pervious level.

What stats though?

Because his level of shot stopping has always been to a high standard. 

Im not sure what other stats you can judge whether a keepers decent or not.

Maybe crosses caught.

Definitely not completed passes before anyone starts

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I thought that lol Was trying to figure figure out if there was another Watford game he'd played in!

I suppose it must be hard to keep track of all the games and all the performances but Rodgers (other managers do it too, I'm sure) says things that demonstrably untrue quite often lol 

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

On Schmeichel I think they are aligned. But I’m talking more about the issues in general. 

FWIW I don’t think Rudkin and Rodgers have fallen out but I do think finances are at the absolute limit. If Schmeichel or Vardy were to leave then I’d have expected a testimonial or glamour friendly and with a big deal being made of it. The Sevilla friendly should have been used for fans to say goodbye, but wasn’t. 

I think Ward coming in to stop Kasper’s 150 in a row is telling and think the two had a disagreement/ bust up. 

Back on topic, I think both players deserve a chance. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What stats though?

Because his level of shot stopping has always been to a high standard. 

Im not sure what other stats you can judge whether a keepers decent or not.

Maybe crosses caught.

Definitely not completed passes before anyone starts

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Start at Vicarage Road where Brendan handed Ward a game denying Kasper of his 150th consecutive league game or something. Either Kasper already had one foot out the door or Brendan was nudging him towards it.

Reminds me of Peter Taylor forcing Steve Walsh out 

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He was dreadful in the air against Watford lol 

Not quite about that? Having just flicked through the whole match again quickly:

Could've maybe come out more for the corner where the shot hit the bar in the 1st half but a floated deep back post corner is always awkward for a keeper

Other than that he claimed the comfortable high crosses, and majority of the others were short, long, or just in an area which would be stupid or very risky for a keeper to come for

Edited by moore_94

It’s makes sense for me. Kasper isn’t irreplaceable and getting older. We’ll save a lot on his wages and one less number to add to the squad.

I like Iversen but Ward has done well for us and especially Wales plus better with ball at his feet. Ward for me.

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

On Schmeichel I think they are aligned. But I’m talking more about the issues in general. 

FWIW I don’t think Rudkin and Rodgers have fallen out but I do think finances are at the absolute limit. If Schmeichel or Vardy were to leave then I’d have expected a testimonial or glamour friendly and with a big deal being made of it. The Sevilla friendly should have been used for fans to say goodbye, but wasn’t. 

I think Ward coming in to stop Kasper’s 150 in a row is telling and think the two had a disagreement/ bust up. 

Back on topic, I think both players deserve a chance. 

To be fair we let the likes of Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Simpson all go without much fuss. 

• Like 1