Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Everytime I try to sum up the energy to criticise a goalkeeper I remember when chris weale contrived to let in tame strikes from 35 yards from players who hadn’t scored in 250 games about 9 games in a row. What a man. 

At least Chris Weale was part of a likeable set up when he joined

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers just said Ward is clearly our number 1 goalkeeper...

He’s such a lemon. Why say that, even if its true? 

What is that going to do to Iversen’s confidence? Shocking man management again.

He should be rewarding him with a start against Chelsea, not putting him down ffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

Everyone suddenly saying Iversen is the better option because of a couple of penalty saves in a cup match. Where have I heard that before...?

Tbf saving 3 out of 4 pens is immense; in actually a very pressurised situation

Ward’s shoot outs were fairly meaningless. This was proper ballsy from Iversen.

Given the turd a stay of execution and he’s still ungrateful 

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Everyone suddenly saying Iversen is the better option because of a couple of penalty saves in a cup match. Where have I heard that before...?

I also thought this lol

I've been an advocate of Iverson pre season, but atm it's Ward's to lose and I don't think he can be written off after 3 games. If Iverson makes a mistake or lets 3 or 4 in against Chelsea, do we then put Smithies in? 

Iversen will like get his chance in the league at some point this season. Ward needs a fair crack first though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

Tbf saving 3 out of 4 pens is immense; in actually a very pressurised situation

Ward’s shoot outs were fairly meaningless. This was proper ballsy from Iversen.

Given the turd a stay of execution and he’s still ungrateful 

It's never presurrised for a keeper I can tell you that. You've got absolutely nothing to lose.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

It's never presurrised for a keeper I can tell you that. You've got absolutely nothing to lose.

i can tell you it absolutely is when his can put a claim to be number one in PL & your playing a side 72 places beneath you in football system

12 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

No, the majority are still saying Iversen should be playing, as per the poll. Most with half a brain didn't need to see Ward flapping about for three games to know this. Hope this helps 👍

• Like 2

Just now, eblair said:

i can tell you it absolutely is when his can put a claim to be number one in PL & your playing a side 72 places beneath you in football system

I disagree, he's the underdog every time. If he makes a save it's a bonus, if he doesn't then no big deal. I'm 99% sure he would have felt 0% pressure going into that shoot out. He might have been nervous when his team mates took their pens, or even if he had to stand up and take one. Not from being in goal though, I'm not having it.

I genuinely wish there was some way we could ask him, if he was nervous or feeling under pressure I'd love to know why. It doesn't strike me as a good mindset for a keeper.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I also thought this lol

I've been an advocate of Iverson pre season, but atm it's Ward's to lose and I don't think he can be written off after 3 games. If Iverson makes a mistake or lets 3 or 4 in against Chelsea, do we then put Smithies in? 

Iversen will like get his chance in the league at some point this season. Ward needs a fair crack first though.

Ward has put me right off though, I always thought from the brief glimpses and his penalty shootout heroics he was worth a go but he's been pretty worrying. A couple of dreadful gaffs (one of which directly led to a goal) and then a few other goals I can't help but feel he was iffy on.

The man's 29 and played much less football than Iversen, I know its not great to switch so soon but I would swallow my pride if I was Brendan and go with Iversen now for a few games at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ward has put me right off though, I always thought from the brief glimpses and his penalty shootout heroics he was worth a go but he's been pretty worrying. A couple of dreadful gaffs (one of which directly led to a goal) and then a few other goals I can't help but feel he was iffy on.

The man's 29 and played much less football than Iversen, I know its not great to switch so soon but I would swallow my pride if I was Brendan and go with Iversen now for a few games at least.

Rodgers swallowing his pride 😂😂...

I've got more chance of a swallow tonight!!!

• Haha 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I was pro Iversen pre season, I think he's most likely the better keeper and should have started the season as #1. If a new manager comes in and chooses him then fair play, but it would do my confidence no good if I saw the other lad dropped after 3 games. You'd be constantly worried about making any kind of error.

If he's not pulling up any trees after 9-10 games, then by all means, have a bit of a switch. At least Iversen then goes in know that he's going to get a fair crack of the whip and not be worried about being dropped after coming for a cross and dropping it.

Rodgers almost certainly only decided to make Ward #1 because of the throw away comment he made a season or two ago when he said "i've got two number ones at this club" lol

Ideally he's gone in a week or two, then it's fair game if the new gaffer picks Iversen.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I disagree, he's the underdog every time. If he makes a save it's a bonus, if he doesn't then no big deal. I'm 99% sure he would have felt 0% pressure going into that shoot out. He might have been nervous when his team mates took their pens, or even if he had to stand up and take one. Not from being in goal though, I'm not having it.

I genuinely wish there was some way we could ask him, if he was nervous or feeling under pressure I'd love to know why. It doesn't strike me as a good mindset for a keeper.

Just watched his post-match interview on the club YT channel and he basically says as much - "it's a mind game, keepers have nothing to lose"