Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's simple for me, Iversen has the potential to be a good Premier League goalkeeper. Ward has never been a regular Premier League goalkeeper or even stood out in the Championship, something Iversen clearly has.

Therefore, it should be Iversen.

but he stood out at the World Cup? did very well for Wales.

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

as i said before, ward may be the safe bet but iverson has the potential to be a far greater keeper. Sums up brendan that he’d make the cowards choice 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know about safe. He’s cost us some goals already.

I haven’t heard Rodgers comments as yet but if he has said Ward is clearly first choice, what sort of message does this send out to Iversen and other younger players or players on the fringes of the 1st team. It has almost become a closed shop and too comfortable for certain players. Surely Ward should be under real pressure to perform and earn the right to be number 1, not be in a position after 4 league starts for us where we have conceded 10 goals, where he is undisputed number 1 choice. 

For me I always feel Ward has a very casual and relaxed approach, that he doesn’t have that drive needed to be a top level keeper, the fact he has happily sat on our bench for the best part of 4 seasons says it all for me, especially when he is in his prime. Iversen appears to have a real hunger/desire to reach the top and will go on to have a far more distinguished career than Ward, however unless Rodgers goes I ain’t sure that will be with us long term. 

No wonder Iversen had a blinder in the shoot out, he probably knows it’s his only way of getting any game time this season. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

I see everyone claiming Iverson should start.

Stockport are a different kettle of fish to a Premiership team

Ok Brendan, we know Ward is your ‘clear number one.’ Just keep ignoring the ‘expected goals conceded’ stats and it’ll be fine. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

I see everyone claiming Iverson should start.

Stockport are a different kettle of fish to a Premiership team

Someone said it previously, the poll showed most people wanted Iversen to start over Ward? This isn't people all of a sudden clamouring for Iversen after voting Ward. Iversen has always been a majority's first choice

• Like 4

Top class keepers make very few errors 

so far this season, how many saves has ward made that you though ‘wow’! 

he’s made some good saves but generally you’d expect a PL keeper to make them 

on Saturday, I’m pretty sure that kasper would have got a foot on adam’s first goal.  those saves make a huge difference. 

It’s a tough call for rodgers to make but until ward makes another howler, I reckon he keeps the jersey. Iverson then has the next round of the cup to make another impression 

I'm no Rodgers fan but he's chosen Ward as our number 1 for better or worse and he has to back him. You can't just rotate your keepers every couple of games. Iversen will know the spot is up for grabs if he does well in training and Ward continues to struggle. 

• Like 1

Have to include Iversen now his confidence must be sky high.

If we aren’t going to now then we may as well sell him to the championship.

If he comes in and is obviously not ready then we have a good backup in Ward, but now is the time to give him a go.

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I met a Preston fan on holiday who was absolutely raving about Daniel. He said that Iverson was one of the best shot stoppers he'd ever seen. Not great at distribution though. 

Sounds familiar :ph34r:

Ward is the worst GK in the prem (outside the big 6, but realistically including them as well) so far this season in terms of GA vs xGA.

Small sample size, granted, but given Iversen did well yesterday it feels like he has probably earned an opportunity in the league as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ward is the worst GK in the prem (outside the big 6, but realistically including them as well) so far this season in terms of GA vs xGA.

Small sample size, granted, but given Iversen did well yesterday it feels like he has probably earned an opportunity in the league as well.

Agree, Iverson definitely should be given an opportunity, clearly Ward is just not good enough.