Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

16 hours ago, filbertway said:

I disagree, he's the underdog every time. If he makes a save it's a bonus, if he doesn't then no big deal. I'm 99% sure he would have felt 0% pressure going into that shoot out. He might have been nervous when his team mates took their pens, or even if he had to stand up and take one. Not from being in goal though, I'm not having it.

I genuinely wish there was some way we could ask him, if he was nervous or feeling under pressure I'd love to know why. It doesn't strike me as a good mindset for a keeper.

Just seen his post match and he said he had ‘nothing to lose’ so you were probably right

Still really rate his mindset compared to Ward. Think he’s a winner. His interview last year saying some goalkeepers don’t know how to save was very good

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Rodgers said in his interview with RL that Iversen did himself "no harm" with yesterday's performance but "we have a clear number one" in Danny Ward. 

No chance Iversen gets near the PL squad yet. 

tantamount to sabotage...

34 minutes ago, eblair said:

Just seen his post match and he said he had ‘nothing to lose’ so you were probably right

Still really rate his mindset compared to Ward. Think he’s a winner. His interview last year saying some goalkeepers don’t know how to save was very good

Nice one, I was speaking as someone that has played in goal and was in many penalty shootouts and never felt an ounce of pressure. I'd have been ready to throw up if I had to step up and take one though :D

I'll have a look for that other interview you mentioned, I don't think I've seen any of his.

Just now, MPH said:

absolute nonsense. Made a good save and their goal was a deflection

Yes it was a deflection doesn’t mean a PL keeper feet don’t work. Kasper would have saved it no questions asked. Ward is horrendously out of depth. Expect another game where we out concede our xG

I'm no massive fan of Ward's but I think the criticism is unfair.

We were already conceding loads with Kasper last season. Nothing has changed.

The biggest problem isn't the keeper. 

It's the defence and the protection for the defence, poor set up by the manager and utter lack of confidence throughout the team.

• Like 1

Credit to him for the saves he did make, but Ward seems to be the type of goalkeeper who looks like he's making a couple of great saves each match, but then you watch the replay and see that he's always caught slightly wrong-footed or two steps away from where Kasper would be standing when facing a shot

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair

Iverson has played one cup game!

I don’t rate Ward at all, but the point was we’d not seen enough of either to know who is better. Iverson could in fact we worse! I’m not saying he is at all, but I’m the few games I’ve seen both they’ve made some right clangers. 

Only when a manager sees fit to give him a run of games will I know. 

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I'm no massive fan of Ward's but I think the criticism is unfair.

We were already conceding loads with Kasper last season. Nothing has changed.

The biggest problem isn't the keeper. 

It's the defence and the protection for the defence, poor set up by the manager and utter lack of confidence throughout the team.

The ‘expected saves’ statistic has dropped through the floor. Ward is very clearly a reserve keeper in terms of ability and presence at this level. He’s number 1 for Wales because the only alternative Wayne Hennessey is also at that level. Iversen is clearly the better option. In the same sense Soyuncu is clearly a better option at CB than Amartey. It’s so clear, either Rodger’s is trying to self sabotage to get a sacking and a payoff, or he’s lost the plot, or Amartey and Wardy have compromising pictures of him!