Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

4 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

We are bottom of the table, and would be no matter who we had in goal. Folks who are obsessing about the GK are looking to fix the wrong problem.

You may think I’m clutching at straws, maybe I am, I mean how do I know who should be number one? We can only go by what we see on the pitch. 

in my opinion we can’t say as a fanbase we would be bottom because how do we know? Ward has done a few great saves and made a couple of clangers, Iverson hasn’t had any chance at all apart from Stockport, done ok and pulled off 3 pretty decent saves at the end. I know it largely boils down to JE to organise the defence, but this must also boil down to who’s in goal. Is Danny commanding them properly? Is the defence responding to him? It’s all questions that without swapping we don’t know the answer too. The way the team is playing it would make zero difference in swapping the keeper for 2-3 games to see what Daniel is like in goal.. Like I’ve said it’s a good job I ain’t a manager lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy said:

if you make the call to swap now you need to let Ward find a new club this week if he can, he is finished here if he gets dropped, we can always sign a free agent keeper after the window closes or just go with Smithies as no 2 and have Odunze as 3.

He's was never some bit part outfield player seeking more minutes. He could have moved 2, 3, or 4 summers ago if he wanted to play. Remember Zieler?

I don't think he'd leave. Just another Vestegaard.

Now he's fallen to #1 having to put himself out there every week. Gotta wonder if it wasn't our of financial peculiarity if we'd have brought in a proven keeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

He's was never some bit part outfield player seeking more minutes. He could have moved 2, 3, or 4 summers ago if he wanted to play. Remember Zieler?

I don't think he'd leave. Just another Vestegaard.

Now he's fallen to #1 having to put himself out there every week. Gotta wonder if it wasn't our of financial peculiarity if we'd have brought in a proven keeper.

he stayed as he had np doubt been told once Kasper goes he was in, if you bench him after FOUR games you have ended his credibility, however much he had, with players and fans, you cannot keep him around

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he stayed as he had np doubt been told once Kasper goes he was in, if you bench him after FOUR games you have ended his credibility, however much he had, with players and fans, you cannot keep him around

Do you believe that? Like honestly that you can take a lower league player proven player, wrap him in cotton wool for 4 years, and then expect any sort of adequacy on the other end. The average career of a footballer is 9 seasons. He's sat on the bench for 4 years. In the real world, that's the equivalent of a 50 year old waiting for a promotion since he was 30. There are always better candidates.

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Do you believe that? Like honestly that you can take a lower league player proven player, wrap him in cotton wool for 4 years, and then expect any sort of adequacy on the other end. The average career of a footballer is 9 seasons. He's sat on the bench for 4 years. In the real world, that's the equivalent of a 50 year old waiting for a promotion since he was 30. There are always better candidates.

Rodgers has aways been a fan of his, this isn't about what I think of him or even you, I'm telling you why he would have stayed around so long when he could easily have dropped down to the championship and sealed his place in the Welsh side.

A new manager can do what ever they want but if Rodgers drops him after 4 games then Ward is finished here.

foster talking about goalkeepers

around 3 mins starting talking about mentality and difference in keepers is all in their mental state in prem

partially disagree cos ward is actually technically worse than rest of league, but mentality of bloke who has sat on bench for 5 years is pitiful 

he epitomises the end of the Rodgers era really - sad

• Like 2

I’m not sure how anybody could watch the performance yesterday and not blame Ward for the loss. Man U didn’t play spectacularly, and whilst we were a bit of a mess at times, the result ultimately came down to the keepers.

De Gea saved Madders free kick brilliantly, credit where it’s due. But Danny Ward f**ked up and let Sancho run around him like a muppet. Kasper would have saved that. I’ll go out on a limb and say Iversen would have saved that.

Edited by BeaumontFox
  • Like 1

Not bad bad as usual in terms of the shot stopping. But still partially at fault for the goal and kicking was atrocious, give me Kasper’s chipped 30 harder back.

Goal yesterday he makes poor decision in how to engage with Sancho. He should stay on his line. By rushing out he gives goal to Sancho which all he needs is easy touch. If he stays on line, Sancho has difficult finish from tight angle

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eblair said:

Not bad bad as usual in terms of the shot stopping. But still partially at fault for the goal and kicking was atrocious, give me Kasper’s chipped 30 harder back.

Goal yesterday he makes poor decision in how to engage with Sancho. He should stay on his line. By rushing out he gives goal to Sancho which all he needs is easy touch. If he stays on line, Sancho has difficult finish from tight angle

He didn’t have any shots to save?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

I’m not sure how anybody could watch the performance yesterday and not blame Ward for the loss. Man U didn’t play spectacularly, and whilst we were a bit of a mess at times, the result ultimately came down to the keepers.

De Gea saved Madders free kick brilliantly, credit where it’s due. But Danny Ward f**ked up and let Sancho run around him like a muppet. Kasper would have saved that. I’ll go out on a limb and say Iversen would have saved that.

Ward is playing to support brendans alibi 

59 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

He got completely exposed by the defence for the goal.