Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

thing is kasper is coming to the end of his time as a player the same as vardy. i expect to see him back in a coaching role after his career ends. with kasper he must be on a pretty big weekly wage (maybe 120k )  this would free up some room for us to bring in another outfield player would it not by not getting another keeper in. 

We had nothing to play for in that Watford game, give it a wobble folks. When else are our reserve keepers gonna get gametime?

150 consecutive appearances says more about the lack of movement at our club after a season in which Kasper was one of our weakest links. A lot on here were calling for him to be dropped during its lowest stages.

I love the guy, but it's time to move on, and I'm personally excited to see whether the lads we have in the wings will step up.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agreed, it's pretty obvious.

I can see a major shakeup over the next 12 months. I'm talking manager, senior players and maybe even at boardroom level. When Ranieri got sacked it's because he fell out with Rudkin over who was running the club, on top of poor performances. In Schmeichel's case he has been offered a 3 year deal at Nice, which implies he was offered less than that (if one at all) by Leicester. Add to that a general lack of backing of the manager and well... 

Or it could be that finances are in a complete mess with Stadium Plans and Training Centre way over budget and Covid wrecking King Power's core business. King Power are pretty good at keeping things private... there haven't been any leaks from Rudkin to Percy this season... which also implies problems behind the scenes.

It will all come out in the wash eventually, and am curious to know what it is. 

Why discount the idea that Kasper wants to retire in France with a bit of European football?

How ****ing depressing. Kasper might be on the decline but Ward or Iversen are nowhere near his level even at 50%. Neither make the save Schmeichel did in the cup final nor the save he made last season in the last 5 mins against Rennes.  Kasper is a big game player and would save us more points than Ward or Iversen would next season. 
People going on about Kaspers wages but I would think Ward was on a couple of mil a season and will never be a first choice keeper at this level

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Ward.

The guy has waited for 4 years on the back of a £12M move, wetting himself every time Schmeichel was linked with a move elsewhere. He didn't sign a new deal last season for the fun of it, he's obviously sick of waiting for a chance somewhere and has nailed his colours here. He's never let us down in cups when he's played and has the incentive to do well because he wants to be number one for Wales at their first World Cup for decades. He'll be reet.

Iversen has been here longer, quite clearly had a progression plan with all his loans, he's younger than Ward, played more games and has far more potential.

• Like 1