Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

16 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

What has Ward done to convince you that he should be the 1st choice ?

I’ve not seen much of Iversen but he was highly rated at Preston, I wouldn’t just write him off after a couple of friendlys 

When i saw Ward play in the cup competitions over the last couple of seasons. I go with what i have physically witnessed. Everytime i have seen him with my own eyes he hasn't played badly at all. The Sevilla game was the first time i had seen Iversen and i felt that he was never comfortable on the pitch. I watched him like a hawk (My season ticket is 2nd row just to the left of the goal and i wanted to see how he performed with Kasper on the verge of leaving). He panicked on the ball to the point it was visible to see Fofana refusing to pass to him in the last 20 mins. There was a moment where Fofana had the easy pass to Iversen yet he decided to put the ball out for a throw. Something our defenders tend to not do. To give him credit though he did make a good save.

I'm not saying Iversen is shit and Ward is amazing. But based on what i have witnessed i would go with Ward, and in my own mind there isn't a debate to be made.

But whoever is in goal lets just hope they can settle in and not feel the pressure.

• Like 2

Farewell Kasper, you've achieved so much for us, hope you have fun in France.

Now with his departure imminent, who should we choose as our number one?

Seems like Danny Ward will come in but Iversen is very highly rated. Or do you want someone completely different? 

Personally i think we go with those two and have a young player ready to drop onto the bench or sign a veteran back up third goalie to support those two.

My review of how the keepers did last season is here - https://foxesofleicester.com/2022/06/05/leicester-city-review-21-22-gk/ - i was slightly off with Kaspers chances of leaving 😂 

19 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Screenshot_20220801-174930_Twitter.thumb.jpg.cac62e6e113d6f183ec45e4a667aa96e.jpg

Bit of a dig at Kasper here for good measure?

God sake. Ward is crap, reactions are slow, poor at 1 Vs 1 and doesn't command the box at all . He was a car crash Vs forest! We should be doing all we can to keep players like Kasper. Brendan making some very strange statements and decisions right now, I think he's lost the dressing room. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

What happened to your optimistic ways of old? :ermm:

I'm optimistic for the season. We have a great squad! But this fall out with Kasper is quite deep. It's a disappointing situation.

A lot going on at the club right now. 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Can you elaborate? I know you have sources...

Not really. It'll come out in the washing soon I'm sure. Let's just say some old era players may be showing some frustration in the current situation at the club and rightly so.

• Like 2

On 01/08/2022 at 18:24, Stadt said:

I suppose it must be hard to keep track of all the games and all the performances but Rodgers (other managers do it too, I'm sure) says things that demonstrably untrue quite often lol 

All decent managers will talk BS at some points, in fact it is a requirement of the job at higher levels. Dunno why folks expect BR to be different.

On 02/08/2022 at 01:32, Stinky said:

Was KDH nailed on to be a PL-standard player when he was on loan in the Championship? He's done alright for himself, why can't Iversen who has performed similarly well?

I suppose with dodgier defence in front of him in the championship arguably it was similarly good training as playing in the PL other than the mental side of things.

Edited by Tom12345

13 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Not really. It'll come out in the washing soon I'm sure. Let's just say some old era players may be showing some frustration in the current situation at the club and rightly so.

what’s scary is that that can only really mean vardy and sharky :nono:

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The Club Management will decide...Fortunately Not the forum that has  never been able to Spot a player...!:)

I think your right... but why?  Most posters spend a lot of time watching and thimling anout football.  Why are we so all over the place?

I don't agree with anyone who says neither. No City fans, and especially in the case of Iversen, has seen enough to make a judgment. Notwithstsanding, Preston loan spells, or Carabao Cup and Welsh international games, we've just not seen enough.

I think Ward has served his time as the understudy, and deserves to start, and is hopefully pushed hard by Iversen's performances in training, (assuming Schmeichel leaves of course).

Edited by Twitcher

It's time for Daniel Iversen to step up, and I've got faith that he will. He is now at that stage where he is too good for the Championship, and until he is given a chance to prove himself in the Premier League we will never know, but the signs are good based on his time at Preston. Barnes and Dewsbury-Hall have become key players for us following a similar path, Iversen is next on the conveyer belt. 

• Like 2

Last season, our defence was poor.   Legendary Schmeichel was partly responsible.   Many on this forum wanted Ward to come in. There were posts saying Iversen should be first choice this season.

We are about to find out if one is good enough.   It seems to me that Iversen has been groomed to replace Schmeichel. 

• Like 1