Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

1 minute ago, isaidno said:

Is Ward actually available for Sunday ?

I hope not. Given that it looks like we are not going to bring in a new number 1 keeper, a big gamble in my opinion, then I would rather give Iversen a chance before Ward. Never been impressed with Ward myself, and his performance against Notts Forest last season in the Cup, didn't do anything to fill me with confidence that he could step up either.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

But he’s played in big international tournaments and played well. 

Tournament and International football is different all together though anyway. Iversen is 4 years younger and whilst Ward has been filling in for cup games, Iversen has gained more experience than him, played more games and played well consistently over the course of a number of seasons which is what we want.

I'm also just pointing out using lack of prem experience to beat Iversen with, doesn't work when the alternative hardly has any.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

There’s probably some obvious ones I’m forgetting, but how often does a player that’s accepted being number 2 for years end up being a good number 1? Unless they’re at the start of end of their career you have to question any players mentality who just accepts being number 2,

Iversen for me. 

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

At the minute I'd say Ward for now, Iversen for the cups but Iversen if things arent working in the league for Ward. Is Ward still injured?

This is an important question for my fantasy team. Does anybody know whether Ward is in serious contention for Sunday?

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is an important question for my fantasy team. Does anybody know whether Ward is in serious contention for Sunday?

Get both and start Iversen (in case Ward isn't fully fit and comes on for the last 30 mins)

• Like 1

God I hope losing kasper doesn’t come back and bite us on the bum!

seems like we’re taking hell of a gamble with our no.2 and no.3 in replacing kasper.

kasper was a leader and more than just our trusty shot stopper. Big shoes to fill. We may have to look elsewhere 

13 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Limit of three Leicester players and I already have Fofana and Maddison…

Get rid of Fofana and get another 4.5 defender in, there's much better options for 4.5 out there than starting with double Leicester defence. Got to play fantasy football with a bit of cynicism about your own team!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

God I hope losing kasper doesn’t come back and bite us on the bum!

seems like we’re taking hell of a gamble with our no.2 and no.3 in replacing kasper.

kasper was a leader and more than just our trusty shot stopper. Big shoes to fill. We may have to look elsewhere 

He’s not as good with the ball at his feet but I actually prefer his kicking, I’ve seen he kicks it like Kasper in terms of towards the wings but Iversen tends to hit it more towards the half way line rather than Kaspers floaty kicks which I thinks causes us more problems. If Iversens kicks go wrong then we’ll either lose it higher up the pitch or it’ll go out for a throw.

I can live with this if he impresses like he has done in his previous teams.

I still think overall Ward deserves his chance and hopeful one of them will surprise us this season!

I would say with Ward still coming back from injury the number one spot is  Iversen’s and it’s up to Ward to come and claim it . Will be good to have two players genuinely fighting for the spot as it will make them both up their game . As good has Kasper has been there was a few times when he was having a bad patch but he knew he wasn’t going to get dropped .