Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

21 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Did u watch him against Denmark? 

You could say the same about Kasper for example the Bournemouth game (19/20) kicking the ball at Ndidi's back and Spurs (20/21) punching the ball into his own net. 

All players have bad games or make mistakes. 

It is how you react to them that's important. 

• Like 1

Just don't jump on the back of the keeper (whoever it is) when he makes his first mistake.

Both will know they have big boots (gloves?) to fill, and that pressure is likely to lead to an eagerness to impress, which never tends to go too well with goalkeepers. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Just don't jump on the back of the keeper (whoever it is) when he makes his first mistake.

Both will know they have big boots (gloves?) to fill, and that pressure is likely to lead to an eagerness to impress, which never tends to go too well with goalkeepers. 

It'd be peak Foxestalk to spend the last couple of years saying Schmeichel was (somehow) not good enough but to jump on Ward/Iversen as soon as they make their first high profile clanger. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I hope at minimum Iversen plays all the cup games 

I get the feeling if it is made clear to him that Ward is number 1 and all he is going to get is cup games that he may well look to leave

• Like 1

TBH, I think Ward deserves a shot at first team play if he's healthy.  But the bottom line is. there's no cardinal rule that you have to use the same keeper in every league game.  I'd like to see both Iverson and Ward get playing time this season, with whoever is performing at a higher level getting the bulk of league starts in the second half of the season.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I get the feeling if it is made clear to him that Ward is number 1 and all he is going to get is cup games that he may well look to leave

I have a feeling Iversen knows it is up for grabs, especially given Ward's recent injury issues. 

It also gives Rodgers some flexibility-- dropping Kasper was nearly impossible, but this season at least it means no one can coast at the position.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The bit later on hints at Ward being number 1.

image.png.cdb647fa5b02a654959556305fef8cb7.png

This is a really weird quote. 

'Kasper is a guy of consistency, so the next guy coming in will be ready' 

Well...how do we know? The two things aren't linked?