Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yet neither of them are trusted  with the #1 over a guy with 100 career apps at age 29 with zero resale value. Doesn't seem a particularly fruitful endeavour to me.

well given neither have played at this level yet how can you say they should be ahead of Ward? Stolarczyk is 21 hardly at the stage where he should be nailing down a spot, Iversen is 25, yes he's looked great at championship level and  he may well start this weekend we don't know how about try supporting our players no matter who plays?

It really is starting to feel like no matter what Ward does people like yourself are going to treat him like shit for the crime of not being the previous keeper.

Its the Weale/Ricardo situation all over again

Its just a ****ing shirt number at the end of the day it means nothing if Iversen ends up being the better keeper he will play regardless.

Edited by Jimmy

12 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yet neither of them are trusted  with the #1 over a guy with 100 career apps at age 29 with zero resale value. Doesn't seem a particularly fruitful endeavour to me.

Just because Ward has been given number 1 doesn't mean he is the the number 1. 

Ward will start the season as number one, I don't think anyone should be surprised about that.  For a long time now, we've been used to Kasper being automatic choice.  The perceived difference between Kasper and the rest of the goalkeepers was too great for Ward or anyone else to seriously challenge for a regular starting place.

The difference between Ward and Iverson is perhaps not so great, so I expect there to be much more competition for that starting place and fully expect Iverson to get a run in the team at some point this season.  And competition for places is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Where did I say that ? How do you know Iverson didn't want 31?? Ederson has

31 at Man City?

I wasn't being serious by the way.

It's hard to tell at this point with our number one. I think Ward is in the driving seat but if Iversen performs well, he gets it. There is no big divide like there was with Schmeichel. Let's see how it all unfolds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

If his name was Wardson people would be more excited!

Gonna be Wards jersey to loose imo, he’ll be desperate to impress in a World Cup year. 

come on Wardy lad! Make us say “Kasper who” 

Would they? Think most people want Iversen because he's more experienced and actually had regular league football over the past few seasons.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

28 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A lot of the anti-Ward stuff is weird, as the Welshman said he can more than hold his own at the top level. Not an outstanding keeper but good enough. A keeper really doesn't make that much difference at this level.

If it doesn't make that much difference then you surely go with the player with a higher ceiling. I'm not particularly Anti Ward, I just think Iversen is a better option.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If it doesn't make that much difference then you surely go with the player with a higher ceiling. I'm not particularly Anti Ward, I just thinm Iversen is a better option.

I picked Iversen, I just don't think Ward is bad like people are making out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A lot of the anti-Ward stuff is weird, as the Welshman said he can more than hold his own at the top level. Not an outstanding keeper but good enough. A keeper really doesn't make that much difference at this level.

I also don't get the virulent hostility towards Ward here.  Seems totally unjustified. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1