Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ward or Iversen?

Ward or Iversen?  

750 members have voted

1. 1. Ward or Iversen for number 1?

• Ward
    • Iversen

Apart from a couple of halves in preseason (where he was hardly outstanding) I've not seen enough of iverson to know whether he's better than Ward or not. I'm not sure how anyone can be convinced he is? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Apart from a couple of halves in preseason (where he was hardly outstanding) I've not seen enough of iverson to know whether he's better than Ward or not. I'm not sure how anyone can be convinced he is? 

I think it's because he was largely considered the best goalkeeper in the Championship last season. Players that excel in the Championship usually make the step up the Premier League quite easily. 

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

I think it's because he was largely considered the best goalkeeper in the Championship last season. Players that excel in the Championship usually make the step up the Premier League quite easily. 

Iversen wasn't the best keeper in the Championship, there were at least one or two with better stats.

Preston fans opinion:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/daniel-iversen.3435917/page-10

From the little I've seen of Ward and Iversen playing for us, I think Ward is better.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 18:46, StriderHiryu said:

Agreed, it's pretty obvious.

I can see a major shakeup over the next 12 months. I'm talking manager, senior players and maybe even at boardroom level. When Ranieri got sacked it's because he fell out with Rudkin over who was running the club, on top of poor performances. In Schmeichel's case he has been offered a 3 year deal at Nice, which implies he was offered less than that (if one at all) by Leicester. Add to that a general lack of backing of the manager and well... 

Or it could be that finances are in a complete mess with Stadium Plans and Training Centre way over budget and Covid wrecking King Power's core business. King Power are pretty good at keeping things private... there haven't been any leaks from Rudkin to Percy this season... which also implies problems behind the scenes.

It will all come out in the wash eventually, and am curious to know what it is. 

I think we’ll be fine. We don’t really need to buy any players, we’ve been lucky with Kasper but are we really going to get anyone better than Ward? Without spending a fortune at least. Ward isn’t that bad. With Fofana and Evans fit, we’ll be okay. 

I haven’t come here to disagree for the sake of it, but we will be okay I think. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d love nothing more than for Ward to step up, prove doubters wrong and really be a cracking #1. I just don’t think that will happen.

why though? “because of forest” 

He was great for huddersfield, essentially going down the same path as henderson who everyone raves about. 

He also was outstanding for wales. 

i’ve not seen enough to make that judgement but let’s give him a proper chance before deciding 

8 minutes ago, Bryn said:

So far so good for Ward, nothing he can do about the goal.

Came out and collected 3 balls that Schmeichel would have left and put us under unnecessary danger as well.

Very solid performance. Goalkeeping is about a lot more than shot stopping and today he's put in a very rounded performance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

why though? “because of forest” 

He was great for huddersfield, essentially going down the same path as henderson who everyone raves about. 

He also was outstanding for wales. 

i’ve not seen enough to make that judgement but let’s give him a proper chance before deciding 

Outstanding for Wales 😂😂

Edited by phoneticerror

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Came out and collected 3 balls that Schmeichel would have left and put us under unnecessary danger as well.

Very solid performance. Goalkeeping is about a lot more than shot stopping and today he's put in a very rounded performance

He didn’t do too badly today. Still not somebody I’d like for #1. But there was a lot of disappointing performances today during that second half.