Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

So the last 8 likely to be:

Man City 

Chelsea

Bayern Munich

Real Madrid

Benfica

Napoli

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Would love a Milan derby in the last eight like the good old days. I think there's 4 teams who are significantly better than the rest (Man City, Bayern, Real and Napoli) but generally it's quite an open competition this year.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Man City 

Chelsea

Bayern Munich

Real Madrid

Benfica

Napoli

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Would love a Milan derby in the last eight like the good old days. I think there's 4 teams who are significantly better than the rest (Man City, Bayern, Real and Napoli) but generally it's quite an open competition this year.

Must be the first time in a while Italy will be the most represented country at the QF stage

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Must be the first time in a while Italy will be the most represented country at the QF stage

It's definitely a Serie A purple patch. It's a great league and Juve's downfall has actually helped it a lot this year although it has been noncompetitive at the top I feel it's ok when it's somebody unexpected. I highly doubt either of the Milan sides will get to the semi's unless of course they play each other. I also hope Napoli aren't raided for all their stars this summer as they have a great thing going.

Haaland was obviously created in a lab by scientists. How can he be 6'5 and be so quick and agile,  and score a billiongoals. Steve Howard was 6'2 and he could barely move.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Haaland was obviously created in a lab by scientists. How can he be 6'5 and be so quick and agile,  and score a billiongoals. Steve Howard was 6'2 and he could barely move.

Jonah Lomu was 6’5, 22 stone and could run the 100m in 10.3 seconds. Some people are just freaks. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

He’s an actual monster isn’t he? I wonder what his longevity will be? If he continues at this rate he’ll break every record going. Absolute machine. 

His numbers prove he can do it under any coach and any team. Avoid serious injuries and he could go down as the greatest number 9 ever.

• Like 2

The last 10-12 years of football have been insane in terms of tactical innovation, individual brilliance and just the way football have evolved. I'm glad we've moved away from the big man striker like Duncan Ferguson types. Kane is 6'2, Osimhen is 6'2 and Haaland is 6'5, but they're not just a big lamppost. They can play.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lionator said:

Man City 

Chelsea

Bayern Munich

Real Madrid

Benfica

Napoli

AC Milan

Inter Milan

I've always sort of enjoyed seeing AC Milan do well, growing up they boasted great players which is probably why, so I'd like to see them do it but I can't see past Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. I think whoever beats either of those two sides will win it.

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd love to see an Inter vs AC Milan knockout game. Preferably the final but neither have the quality to get beyond Real, Man City or Bayern. 

First time they met in the champions league it was decided on away goals, obviously.

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Looks like a lovely afternoon in Naples today with Frankfurt turning up lol

Napoli ultras wearing helmets 😂

Marching around like they own the place with their pals from Atalanta from the footage I've seen., along with some chair-throwing and cobbing pyro at the police.

Who'd have thought banning one of Europe's most notorious Ultras groups from your city at short notice would go pear-shaped, eh...

Hope they get into the game. The police would certainly be wise to open up the away end now.

34 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Marching around like they own the place with their pals from Atalanta from the footage I've seen., along with some chair-throwing and cobbing pyro at the police.

Who'd have thought banning one of Europe's most notorious Ultras groups from your city at short notice would go pear-shaped, eh...

Hope they get into the game. The police would certainly be wise to open up the away end now.

So, hold on a minute.

Napoli thought there might be violence so they banned an ultra group from attending?

And the response to that was violence?

So now you want them to cave in to that violence, reward them for it and give them what they want?

Do you hear yourself sometimes? If this was, idk, the Proud Boys or the EDL (do they still exist?) marching against whatever culture "war" has outraged them this week you'd be mortified if the authorities caved in, rewarded the violence and backed down to appease them. But because it's a cool football fan group you're totally behind them?

They're acting like absolute complete knobs, which is exactly what Naples was afraid of, right? So they've kinda just vindicated the decision to ban them?

Am I misunderstanding something here? Cos I mean, fair enough if I am but eh. Honestly the fetishization of absolute fvckwittery specific to football is something that absolutely baffles me. If this was a group of hooligans with literally any other "hobby" you'd be mortified.

Its embarrassing. Grown men throwing fireworks because of football.

I’m all for rivalries, I like seeing, say, Spurs getting marched to Arsenal, but what is the obsession or need of lobbing chairs around. 

Everybody loses especially the poor sods that have to clear everything up and repair their stuff.

Edited by Fox92

Get your point entirely Finners but I find Napoli and it’s city a bit of a special case. 

Every time a club and it’s fans visit Naples. They are subject to outright intimidation, ambushing violence and disorganisation by the authorities. Stretching from clubs like Swansea to our own to far smaller supporter groups. 

Then when they visit their away support walks around your city looking to use their belts on anyone who looks at them funny. 

Equally when they face opposition who have a notorious group who won’t be so easy to ambush or pick on, they ban away support from travelling. 

The Napoli Police banned all Germans from entering the city just over a week ago. That caused very honest supporters to lose a lot of money. The Italian courts over-ruled that but then the club said we are not selling tickets to Eintracht now. 

This comes after a few weeks after the city of Frankfurt at huge cost had to police Napoli supporters who had at least 500 ticketless. 

Morally correct, no but I can understand how this is all occurred and why it’s easy to be supportive of some giving Napoli and it’s city a taste of their own medicine. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So, hold on a minute.

Napoli thought there might be violence so they banned an ultra group from attending?

And the response to that was violence?

So now you want them to cave in to that violence, reward them for it and give them what they want?

Do you hear yourself sometimes? If this was, idk, the Proud Boys or the EDL (do they still exist?) marching against whatever culture "war" has outraged them this week you'd be mortified if the authorities caved in, rewarded the violence and backed down to appease them. But because it's a cool football fan group you're totally behind them?

They're acting like absolute complete knobs, which is exactly what Naples was afraid of, right? So they've kinda just vindicated the decision to ban them?

Am I misunderstanding something here? Cos I mean, fair enough if I am but eh. Honestly the fetishization of absolute fvckwittery specific to football is something that absolutely baffles me. If this was a group of hooligans with literally any other "hobby" you'd be mortified.

Er, I'm not "fetishising" anything. I'm just saying I've seen footage of it?

I hope they get in the ground because it'll at least contain them and stop what's going on from getting any worse.

More than 2,500 Frankfurt fans were affected by this ban, not just Ultras.

By the way just to add further context, we travelled to two notoriously ‘high risk’ venues last season and at the time it felt overkill but the police and authorities were organised.

Warsaw in particular they were a step ahead and Rome somehow we had over 3k travel without a major incident. 

Europe really needs to sort out its fan welfare in the European competitions. Liverpool have rightly kicked off about the arrangements Real Madrid have tonight. They have charged them the most expensive ticket price in an away end with minimal toilets and collecting tickets miles from the main attractions of the city. 

• Like 2

I know Man City fans get precious about the view of their club in the media but BT put Rio Ferdinand on punditry duty last night and he mocked their pre-match stuff, saying it wouldn't happen at Old Trafford.

Can't imagine BT getting Sergio Aguero to do it the other way round, somehow, or get a pundit to call Anfield's atmosphere crap.