Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's expected to be. 

Simeone is also injured and Raspadori is carrying a knock. 

They played Elmas as a false 9 but he just doesn't carry enough threat so Milan can just ignore him and double up on Kvaradona. Chucky hasn't been first choice for a lot of this season either, he does his best work on the counter at pace and Milan just aren't leaving that kind of room. 

So in a few words Spaletti is pulling a Pep here and ofc it doesn't work in CL. 

Guest Col city fan

There have been some truly bizarre management decisions this season.

Getting in Potter, paying Brighton to then sack him to the tune of allegedly c 60 million overall.

To replace him Lampard?

The Premiership really is it’s own world 

Just now, Col city fan said:

There have been some truly bizarre management decisions this season.

Getting in Potter, paying Brighton to then sack him to the tune of allegedly c 60 million overall.

To replace him Lampard?

The Premiership really is it’s own world 

You won't find any logic behind some decisions mate, this applies to our team also. Imagine that, you're in a CL QF,  there's no way to achieve CL football next season unless you win this cup and you bring in...Lampard!! Again!! 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes, but he could play Raspadori as a CF? Elmas is a CM. 

Like I said, Raspadori is carrying a knock. He's just back from an injury and wasn't deemed fit to start. He's come on out of necessity but it wasn't preferred. 

He's gone down the middle and Elmas has gone wide. He's an attacking midfielder, has played loads on the left and right for Napoli. 

Honestly the tactical decisions were about the best they could do under the circumstances. If you were gonna pick a Napoli squad member to be a makeshift false 9 while all your strikers are injured then Elmas is about right. 

Milan are just good defensively despite a wonky streak earlier in the year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VinceNoir said:

Yeah he’s shit and Theo Hernandez is getting on my nerves. Hope Napoli can control their emotions for the last 10 here and stage a comeback next week. 

Maignan has been superb tbf they definitely could have had goals. 

1-1 would be an amazing result at the moment but 1-0 isn't terminal right now. 

KMJ and Anguissa will be massive losses though even if Osimhen is back. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like I said, Raspadori is carrying a knock. He's just back from an injury and wasn't deemed fit to start. He's come on out of necessity but it wasn't preferred. 

He's gone down the middle and Elmas has gone wide. He's an attacking midfielder, has played loads on the left and right for Napoli. 

Honestly the tactical decisions were about the best they could do under the circumstances. If you were gonna pick a Napoli squad member to be a makeshift false 9 while all your strikers are injured then Elmas is about right. 

Milan are just good defensively despite a wonky streak earlier in the year. 

Thanks! Do you think Kvara would work better as a false 9? This forced lineup/tactic gave Milan right away the opportunity to close down Kvaratskhelia. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Thanks! Do you think Kvara would work better as a false 9? This forced lineup/tactic gave Milan right away the opportunity to close down Kvaratskhelia. 

Narh it'd make him too easy to pick up. He does his best work cutting in and playing off the central player. 

He's the best left winger in the world this year, it was definitely the right decision to leave him there. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Give us that Milan derby. Though I think whoever makes it of those two is getting their arses handed to them in the final.

Both are actually fairly solid defensively so I don’t think it would be a walkover but no way are they fluking a 0-1 against Madrid or Man City. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Give us that Milan derby. Though I think whoever makes it of those two is getting their arses handed to them in the final.

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Both are actually fairly solid defensively so I don’t think it would be a walkover but no way are they fluking a 0-1 against Madrid or Man City. 

I dont know, its a one off match, probably similar chance to say a current in form Newcastle team trying to beat Real Madrid or Man City. If it was over two legs I'd say their chances would be low.

Edited by Nalis

Fofana looked so, so out of his depth last night. Did not look like he belongs in a Champions League game at the Bernabeu. 

But speaking of out of their depth, Chilwell's red was thanks to Cucurella looking like a League One defender. He's decent on the ball and going forward, but all you seem to need to do against Cucurella is to run past him - with or without the ball. Why they splashed £65m on him is beyond me.  

• Like 1