Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Both are actually fairly solid defensively so I don’t think it would be a walkover but no way are they fluking a 0-1 against Madrid or Man City. 

Agreed, the Milan teams know every trick in the book, experienced and would make a really competitive final against Man City. For the opposite reason, that is why I do not want to see a Man City v Brighton FA cup final, Brighton whilst a very good football team would not know how to handle a final, would get done 4-0

16 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Fofana looked so, so out of his depth last night. Did not look like he belongs in a Champions League game at the Bernabeu. 

But speaking of out of their depth, Chilwell's red was thanks to Cucurella looking like a League One defender. He's decent on the ball and going forward, but all you seem to need to do against Cucurella is to run past him - with or without the ball. Why they splashed £65m on him is beyond me.  

Glad someone else saw the Cucurella weakness there. Chilwell did what he did as last man, but if Cucurella was more focused and not ball-watching, perhaps there's more cover for Chilwell instead of he having to run from LWB. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don't think Chelsea are going to be a serious threat. I know they put down silly money and you think eventually enough will stick but they really do seem absolutely clueless with it.

Think this will take a lot of fixing. Far too many players currently, not going to be easy to shift lots, they are in for a difficult time.

Guest Col city fan

Chelsea have just got no one up front.

Havertz IS NOT a striker.

Kante is often the furthest forward!

If any team need a recognised striker, it’s Chelsea. Something they’ll surely rectify in the summer.

Guest Col city fan
16 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Chelsea spent over half a billion £ & I’m thinking where are they 🤷‍♂️ 

They are just bizarre.

They’ve signed Enzo to win the ball back, Mudryk to supply the crosses and have no strikers to give it to. All the time spending huge amounts TWICE on Lukaku who is on loan yet again!

Talk about how to not run a football club.

Guest Col city fan

How on earth does Lampard put this team out tonight, genuinely thinking they’ll score enough goals?

🤷‍♂️