Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Why are they still going on about the penalty LOL?

Ref thinks he’s seen a pull back. VAR tells him he’s wrong. Ref overturns decision correctly.

Completely uncontroversial and a great application of VAR. 

Something we don't see in the prem, refs not scared to withdraw calls they've made that are wrong.

I hate everything, EVERYTHING, Peter Walton just said.

F U C K R I G H T O F F.

The cameras can blatantly see Lautaro dived. So they absolutely should tell the ref he dived. It's not "second guessing" they referee it's fvcking helping him. I hate the entire attitude the authorities in our sport, particularly in this country, have with VAR. It should have been the great leveller. It should have been such an improvement. It's been done so, so fvcking badly and whenever you hear crooks like Walton try and justify shit VAR decisions (or bemoan good ones) I just want to punch the screen.

• Like 4

Just now, Lionator said:

BT forensically looking at this penalty call claiming there’s leg contact when there clearly isn’t. Just pathetic. 

Yeah it's a waste of time. Just no need for that much of it. 

How are they saying that VAR shouldn’t be getting involved there? that’s the exact incident it should be used for. I don’t understand how their trying to attach objective markers to clear and obvious, when if the VAR feels it is a clear error then the ref should be sent to the screen.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lionator said:

BT forensically looking at this penalty call claiming there’s leg contact when there clearly isn’t. Just pathetic. 

#1 football conspiracy theory I 100% believe is that BT Sport (amongst others, but they're definitely the worst) haven't wanted VAR from the start and have an agenda to attack it the entire time it's existed. They are by far the worst broadcaster for attacking every single thing to do with VAR.

They don't like it because they preferred the world where Mo Salah was allowed to score goals when he was miles offside or get penalties when there was absolutely no contact in the box or where Jamie Vardy could be flagged offside every time he runs even if he's inside his own half. I honestly believe that.

This is just embarrassing. Gerrard's about the only one who is saying it isn't a penalty. All cause they don't want to embarrass Mcmanaman and Ferdinand.

Now trying to move the goal posts and make it about the referral.  

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Why are they still going on about the penalty LOL?

Ref thinks he’s seen a pull back. VAR tells him he’s wrong. Ref overturns decision correctly.

Completely uncontroversial and a great application of VAR. 

Just now, Lionator said:

I actually think the ref believes that there is a trip and that he sees the pull on the body and doesn’t think that’s  enough to give a pen for 

so the var is entitled to recommend a review on the basis that there isn’t any trip 

If the ref gives it for the pull back then he can’t be asked to look again  by the var because there is a slight pull 

fwiw, I didn’t think it was a pen but if the ref gives it then it can only be over turned if the reason he gives it doesn’t exist 

2 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Sometimes I watch Serie A on BT. It's quite good: James Richardson, James Horncastle and other pundits who are knowledgeable, funny and don't just say outrageous crap for the social media engagement.

And we've got to put up with this cast of clowns for the Milan Derby. 

Their coverage of the other leagues is good, when they did the bundesliga, they had solid pundits who knew their stuff. Same with non-league and even lower champions league rounds. 

Yet the minute we hit knock outs for some reason the "big names" get pulled in rather than those with actual knowledge and insight into the leagues and clubs. 

I'd rather listen to 3 pundits/pros I've heard little about who all know their stuff, rather than these clowns who know very little about anything non Liverpool or United 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Guesty said:

Sometimes I watch Serie A on BT. It's quite good: James Richardson, James Horncastle and other pundits who are knowledgeable, funny and don't just say outrageous crap for the social media engagement.

And we've got to put up with this cast of clowns for the Milan Derby. 

I get wanting their star panel of pundits in the studio. But they should have their regular European Serie A commentators to do the actual game.

Not only would people at home appreciate the insights of listening to people who have watched these clubs play every game for the last few years, it would actually be a good way to reward their staff. They don't normally actually get to go to games, the BT Serie A commentators record from a sound both in England somewhere with loads of screens. They miss out on the actual atmosphere live. 

Would be great for them to actually get to go and work this game. 

• Like 3

I've often wondered how these companies decide which pundits and commentators to promote. 

I dont know a single person that actually likes Martin Tyler or Darren Fletcher. Almost everyone thinks AND IT'S LIVE is cringe af. I don't know anyone that respects enjoys Macca, Keown, etc. 

Yet when you get a pair like Champion and Mccoist they get rave reviews and everyone enjoys them. But they still don't get any more work than they do. 

How do they decide Keown and Macca should get more work? Not a single soul is watching these games because of who the comms are, they watch them because of the teams playing or the occasion. So how do they judge? 

• Like 3

Why wouldn't you get someone like Don Hutchison in for this who does Serie A most weeks? I mean, he's a fairly well known ex-player.

But no, we need Rio Ferdinand who makes you pine for Jermaine Jenas.