Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Either side going to get murdered in the final. The difference in quality is huge.

I could see a fully fit AC Milan in good form being a headache for Man City. 

Defensively they're at their best in a low block countering. A big part of the problem today is that Inter don't let them play that game. 

Against Napoli, AC sat back in a really good low block and there was just no way through. Leao then absolutely monstered it on the break. 

At their best, Milan are actually a little bit better a counter attacking team than Inter although they're both fairly handy. Either way it'd be a much different game to this. 

As for Real, eh. Depends which Real turn up! At their best they're definitely capable of beating both of these but they're also capable of having a mare. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've often wondered how these companies decide which pundits and commentators to promote. 

I dont know a single person that actually likes Martin Tyler or Darren Fletcher. Almost everyone thinks AND IT'S LIVE is cringe af. I don't know anyone that respects enjoys Macca, Keown, etc. 

Yet when you get a pair like Champion and Mccoist they get rave reviews and everyone enjoys them. But they still don't get any more work than they do. 

How do they decide Keown and Macca should get more work? Not a single soul is watching these games because of who the comms are, they watch them because of the teams playing or the occasion. So how do they judge? 

Exactly like the big uproar when Matterface got the England commentary games over Tyldesley who was pretty much liked by all. 

As you mentioned, I don't know of anyone who turns into a game because of for example Macca or Ferdinand on, but I've known a few turn games off due to them. 

Been watching this in the pub and BT pundits really are a right bunch of muppets. The ref and VAR got the penalty decision spot on. Exactly how VAR should be used. 

My question is could the ref book him for simulation, or is he not allowed to dish out yellows using video evidence?

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Exactly like the big uproar when Matterface got the England commentary games over Tyldesley who was pretty much liked by all. 

As you mentioned, I don't know of anyone who turns into a game because of for example Macca or Ferdinand on, but I've known a few turn games off due to them. 

The fact that Savage is actually paid to be a pundit and commentator suggests that they haven't exactly got a wealth of options available

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

The fact that Savage is actually paid to be a pundit and commentator suggests that they haven't exactly got a wealth of options available

Savage and Sutton do 100% exactly what their employers want them to do. Same as Gabby Agbonlahor and all these other guys that mostly go out to say stuff that's blatant rage bait. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Savage and Sutton do 100% exactly what their employers want them to do. Same as Gabby Agbonlahor and all these other guys that mostly go out to say stuff that's blatant rage bait. 

That's true, I was more referring to the fact that Savage sounds like your nan, whose only experience of football is listening to the match of the day theme before she heads off to bed, was just handed a big joint and asked to commentate on the match

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Inter and AC making the semi finals shows the competition isn't what it was. They are both garbage! 

Knockout football for you. 

The American coverage is far better than BT Sport. I just liked this because they call Rio a clown live on American TV.

Even they used their Serie A commentators because they told the viewers they had more insight.

I was in America last year. This panel was really good; very funny, I actually looked forward to watching them.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Inter seeing this out comfortably. Disappointing how little threat AC Milan have offered.

Very, very easy to underestimate how good Inter are capable of being defensively. 

They'll be really stubborn for either side they face in the final.

1 minute ago, Joe90lcfc said:

How an earth are AC Milan in a champions league semi final they are very poor, what teams did they beat to get this far 

They're not terrible they're just sort of coming up against their kryptonite really. 

Edited by Finnegan