Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

There’s a lot of history cutting against Man City and Pep here, but everything else screams blowout.  Hate on them all you want, but this team is currently in superlative form.  They’re balanced across the entire pitch, can create goals from anywhere, they’re rock solid at the back and work hard for each other.  Pep is an absolutely superb manager - making his case for the best ever - and he has them absolutely humming at the moment.  If Inter beats them it will either be a(nother) absolute choke, a fluke of luck, or Inter playing by far the best match this group of players has ever played.  And it might need to be all three.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

Already said this last season, but de Bruyne is clearly the best midfielder we’ve seen in the PL. And is a clear level above Scholes, Lampard or Gerrard. 

Got the argument back last season that he doesn’t turn up to the big games even it matters. But basically dragged ManCity to the title in the 2nd half of last season abd just got 2 assists in a CL semi final In probably the most dominant performance ever by an English side in the CL. 

Shouldn’t even have been a debate last season but it’s clearly not anymore. He’s an incredible player, one of the absolute best we’ve ever seen in this country.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Already said this last season, but de Bruyne is clearly the best midfielder we’ve seen in the PL. And is a clear level above Scholes, Lampard or Gerrard. 

Got the argument back last season that he doesn’t turn up to the big games even it matters. But basically dragged ManCity to the title in the 2nd half of last season abd just got 2 assists in a CL semi final In probably the most dominant performance ever by an English side in the CL. 

Shouldn’t even have been a debate last season but it’s clearly not anymore. He’s an incredible player, one of the absolute best we’ve ever seen in this country.

Agreed!

Imagine his trejectory will be similar to Modric in that he will carry on at the highest level into his late 30's, bossing the midfield!

• 2 weeks later...

People are talking like ots already all over but Inter wont roll over for them and Inzaghi will be proper up for it.

All pressure  on Peps boys.

Different  pressure to the Premier league  and FA cup as they havent won the big one.

37 minutes ago, Raj said:

People are talking like ots already all over but Inter wont roll over for them and Inzaghi will be proper up for it.

All pressure  on Peps boys.

Different  pressure to the Premier league  and FA cup as they havent won the big one.

Agreed, I wasn't impressed with city in the FA cup final, if they put in that type of performance I can see Inter winning, however if the team that beat Madrid turn up city will be lifting the trophy.

• Like 1

For those of us who’ve organized her togethers I’m sure we’d love to see a fairly competitive open game with goals and thrills that go to extra time and even penalties just to keep the party going…. BUT   the form man city are in and what it would mean to them tells me it’s gonna be a blow out! Once Man city score it will be a one sided game and thrashing. I’m more interested to see what game plan inter are coming with to stop man city. Well they can try I guess. Hope mahrez gets some minutes on the field.