Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m sure the club and Kasper knew he would have been moving on this summer so I am surprised there was no warning so he could’ve had a send off. Bizarre way for him to leave after all of his time here. Great deal for him though.

My guess is that nothing was set in stone by the time the end of the season came around. Yes he may have been looking for a move but perhaps there was no definite contract signed or fee agreed. Would be weird giving him an emotional send off or him to say goodbye against Southampton only for him to stay. 

And I bet if that did happen there'd be people slating the club for arranging it even though nothing had been 100% confirmed. 

7 hours ago, Oswinner said:

This transfer is so bizarre. I just don’t get it. What’s going on?

A player who is entering the final chapter of his professional career wanted a new challenge and having given us 11 years of exceptional service we granted his wish. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oswinner said:

This transfer is so bizarre. I just don’t get it. What’s going on?

It isn't so bizarre really. Kasper has said many times he would like a change before he finishes playing.

Nice can offer a great wage, European football, a fantastic climate and a new experience.

• Like 1

My biggest regret regarding Kasper is that we as fans couldn;t come up with something more befitting of his legend status than to occasionally shout 'Schmeichel, Schmeichel, Schmeichel' at him. This includes after he won us the FA Cup :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a great servant to the club. perhaps not the very best keeper we've ever had but without doubt one of the biggest characters both on and off the pitch.

There's been a fair amount of criticism in more recent times from some fans but everyone is going to soon see what a massive hole this leaves in our squad.

We'll be 6-10 points worse off without him in my opinion.

perhaps few will agree with me, but its better in some ways a club legend is leaving when he is at the top of his game, rather than seeing a slow decline

the fact we don't (likely won't) have a replacement is worrying me though.

• Like 1

I'm finding it difficult to appreciate how a player could possibly prefer living on the French Riviera when there are the wonderful banks of the River Soar at Wanlip to enjoy. I'm looking forward to see Kasper on his return in whatever capacity, and hope he has a fruitful life in the meantime.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

There ya go. Even Sir Nige says that ‘club legend’ is banded about far too easily.

Completely agree with you Nige

👍