Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This is probably my pessimistic mind, but when I look up at that picture above my first thought is how happy Schmeichel looks, but my second thought is that he probably ‘got out at the right time’.

I’m not sure why I think this. It’s not backed up with concrete info. It’s just a feeling that wily ol Kasper knows what might be coming for Leicester.

I don't think that is the case, just think of it from his perspective. How much more could he have achieved at Leicester in the time he has remaining in his career? I don't blame him for leaving under the circumstances, I would have done the exact same thing had I been in his shoes.

Nice have an ambitious owner that wants to challenge at the top of Ligue Un. They'll be playing in the Champions League soon, and so will Kasper. He'll get a chance to test himself against Messi, Neymar, Mbappe etc. Whilst also being paid a ridiculous salary, and living in the French Riviera. Don't blame him at all, and I'm a Leicester fan. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

A sad day.

As we're not replacing him, we're ultimately much weaker than we were. 

Love Kasper...But a 35nd old....That Time has just come around....

The Gkeeper Prowess I believe will go up a notch....Thanks to Kasper & his LCFC Legend story not spite of it..!!

Others.  Ward & Iverson have future goals to AIM for, but also have skills & stability,they also want to Show themselves & Leicester fans.....are

Not scareryfoxes,like yourself, but    we Breed fighting,cunning..........foxes with Good paws, & comebackability......

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Love Kasper...But a 35nd old....That Time has just come around....

The Gkeeper Prowess I believe will go up a notch....Thanks to Kasper & his LCFC Legend story not spite of it..!!

Others.  Ward & Iverson have future goals to AIM for, but also have skills & stability,they also want to Show themselves & Leicester fans.....are

Not scareryfoxes,like yourself, but    we Breed fighting,cunning..........foxes with Good paws, & comebackability......

That sounds like denial. If you're telling me we've just transferred out our club captain and we're not weaker for it then you're bonkers. Also 35 isn't particularly old for a keeper anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

That sounds like denial. If you're telling me we've just transferred out our club captain and we're not weaker for it then you're bonkers. Also 35 isn't particularly old for a keeper anyway. 

Bonkers is Part of our history....But it that fearless Drive that has taken us forward..

fox is Never defeated, cunning Fox Act bonkers,  but Loves Running around the coup,Leaving the pundit-hounds,confused with long-tongues Hanging out..!

• Like 1

People are asking, 'what's going on'.

Some of my thoughts on what might be going on. Could be complete rubbish!

Ineos - Sir Jim Ratcliffe - personal wealth - 18billion

Owns Nice and Lausanne, sponsors RC Abidjan and wants an English club.

Failed with Chelsea and M.Utd (or was it Newcastle)  bids.

https://www.ineos.com/sports/football/

We don't really know how much Nice/Ineos/Ratcliffe paid for Kasper. Could have been a lot.

There could have been talks between Ineos and Kingpower/Top.

Don't be surprised if we throw out FBS and have Ineos on the shirts. King power might sell a percentage of the club, or the whole club.

Interesting times ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, benfica said:

People are asking, 'what's going on'.

Some of my thoughts on what might be going on. Could be complete rubbish!

Ineos - Sir Jim Ratcliffe - personal wealth - 18billion

Owns Nice and Lausanne, sponsors RC Abidjan and wants an English club.

Failed with Chelsea and M.Utd (or was it Newcastle)  bids.

https://www.ineos.com/sports/football/

We don't really know how much Nice/Ineos/Ratcliffe paid for Kasper. Could have been a lot.

There could have been talks between Ineos and Kingpower/Top.

Don't be surprised if we throw out FBS and have Ineos on the shirts. King power might sell a percentage of the club, or the whole club.

Interesting times ahead.

Yes, it sounds like rubbish

5 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Can Kasper play for Nice on Sunday? I see it's on BT at 12.

I would imagine so, as long as the international transfer certificate has been processed and received by Nice. They'd then have to register him with the FFF and LFP - no idea what deadlines they'd impose.

I think the bigger issue, albeit not insurmountable by any means, would be on how much time he's had with his new team mates to work with them.

Nonetheless, I've set it to record while I'm down the City! :schmike:

Edited by Incognito
  • Like 1

More Kasper interviews:

…….All of that happened under Schmeichel, who captained the club after Wes Morgan retired last year, and he spoke about his time on Filbert Way this week.

"I think they're in the absolute best possible hands with Brendan. He's an incredible manager," Schmeichel told Sky Sports.

"Leicester is an incredible club with incredible owners. I use the word 'incredible' a lot when I talk about Leicester because that's how I feel about them. I wouldn't want anyone else running the club than them."

but but that doesn’t fit the narrative about him leaving because of his dislike for Rodgers 

Hopefully we can put to bed any talk of players falling out with Rodgers, they all love him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

More Kasper interviews:

…….All of that happened under Schmeichel, who captained the club after Wes Morgan retired last year, and he spoke about his time on Filbert Way this week.

"I think they're in the absolute best possible hands with Brendan. He's an incredible manager," Schmeichel told Sky Sports.

"Leicester is an incredible club with incredible owners. I use the word 'incredible' a lot when I talk about Leicester because that's how I feel about them. I wouldn't want anyone else running the club than them."

but but that doesn’t fit the narrative about him leaving because of his dislike for Rodgers 

Hopefully we can put to bed any talk of players falling out with Rodgers, they all love him.

Same old narrative with Rodgers. Everyone gets the idea he annoys players. He’s patched up with Praet this summer. Tierney and Gerrard both commented about his management in recent weeks. 

I can’t work it out personally like but there we go. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It was such a strangely low key exit. Not sitting right with me at all.

Why...Quiet no Fuss exit...Typical ...Schmeichel

lets be honest ,how many would go to a Goodbye-game on a games Class chosen day...Many would want to say goodbye,But when..??

Maybe a Nice Team against Leicester select,sometime during Quiet period of this season...or Close season...

7 minutes ago, eblair said:

Christ I miss him already. Only 2 games in 😭😭

not just goals he would have saved but leadership aspect missing so dearly

absolute sh*tshow how he left 

Different game with him between the sticks today for sure. Got to give Danny time however 

• Like 1

I will say this, Kasper rarely put himself in a position where a "mistake" could be made. One of the few times he did he punched the ball into his own net and essentially cost us top 4.

Brave and commanding goalkeeping will lead to drops and erros, It will also stop players having free headers at goal from 2 yards. I know which I prefer.

• Like 3