Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

20 hours ago, filbertway said:

I will say this, Kasper rarely put himself in a position where a "mistake" could be made. One of the few times he did he punched the ball into his own net and essentially cost us top 4.

Brave and commanding goalkeeping will lead to drops and erros, It will also stop players having free headers at goal from 2 yards. I know which I prefer.

If you go early believe that then god help us

The past 2 seasons he was constantly passing the ball several yards Infront of him putting us in immediate danger, terrible distribution, as well as like you said the odd clanger.

He was good for us, but by no means did he never make mistakes

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

If you go early believe that then god help us

The past 2 seasons he was constantly passing the ball several yards Infront of him putting us in immediate danger, terrible distribution, as well as like you said the odd clanger.

He was good for us, but by no means did he never make mistakes

This is true, I was thinking of of the real obvious clangers that directly lead to goals being scored immediately. I found it hard to blame him too much on mistakes with his passing and footwork because he was being forced to play that way by Rodgers, despite it clearly not being a strong point of his.

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This is true, I was thinking of of the real obvious clangers that directly lead to goals being scored immediately. I found it hard to blame him too much on mistakes with his passing and footwork because he was being forced to play that way by Rodgers, despite it clearly not being a strong point of his.

Newcastle away last season when he spilled the ball and Bruno popped it in, got away with one weeks before when he got a finger nail on the ball as the Villa player booted it in.

That’s one off the top of my head “non-distribution” related.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

I don't know what's more wrong with that.

Seeing Kasper in that kit?  Or finding out that the former Ligue Un is now, honest to God, "Ligue 1 Uber Eats"?

It's the End Times for certain.

31 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I don't know what's more wrong with that.

Seeing Kasper in that kit?  Or finding out that the former Ligue Un is now, honest to God, "Ligue 1 Uber Eats"?

It's the End Times for certain.

....Kasper ate all the pies... lol what a terrible league name.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So what's the beef he had with Brendan... anyone know?

Just seems it was such a quick exit 

My take on it is.. there was absolutely no beef. On the contrary.

I think Kasper wanted one more go at European football and saw his chances realistically limited if he stayed. The Nice opportunity appeared (for whatever reason) and out of respect to Kasper, the club let him go. Ok, it worked for the club to get his wages off the P&L but I genuinely believe the club wanted to do right by him. 

If there was a difference of opinion between Kasper and BR, it really had nothing to do with Kasper going. Imho of course.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Wonder if Kasper was keeping the players mentally together and actually he was an awesome captain.

I said at the time that he probably left because he knew what was about to happen and didn't want to be here for when it did (tarnish his reputation/memory).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2022 at 22:46, David Oldfields Gate said:

This is a terrible decision by the club to allow it to happen.

We need his leadership more than ever this season because it is going to be seriously hard work and none is coming from Rodgers.

Next year, maybe, this year, No.

Poor all round in my opinion.

This prediction seems to have been spot on! That's exactly what has happened.

• Like 2