Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasper Schmeichel officially joins Nice

High body fat, that's bullshit.

He came back a couple of seasons ago 2 stone lighter after changing his diet and training regime around. He's always trained individually because funnily enough at that age he might just know what his body needs to recover. The fact he went 149 games on the spin suggests he's right too.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-kasper-schmeichel-diet-3435672

Sounds more like one of those Euro sports paper hatchet jobs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

High body fat, that's bullshit.

He came back a couple of seasons ago 2 stone lighter after changing his diet and training regime around. He's always trained individually because funnily enough at that age he might just know what his body needs to recover. The fact he went 149 games on the spin suggests he's right too.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-kasper-schmeichel-diet-3435672

Sounds more like one of those Euro sports paper hatchet jobs.

That was 3 years ago now, a lot of time for things to change with his physique

All well and good him training individually and doing what he wants whilst he is here (he still trained as a group with the keepers), but at a new club under a new manager where he might not be part of the leadership group means you can’t get away with not doing what the manager wants or turning up to training or meetings late etc.

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Sounds like he’s having a hard time there, the grass isn’t always greener. 

Dunno why people say this.

If you want a new challenge then fair play, in any profession, so easy to just stay in one place.

The only shame for me is that Schmeichel didn't make 500 games which he could have done. We'll never see another player near 500 games for us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno why people say this.

If you want a new challenge then fair play, in any profession, so easy to just stay in one place.

The only shame for me is that Schmeichel didn't make 500 games which he could have done. We'll never see another player near 500 games for us.

Because he jumped at the first opportunity that’s why I say it, could of had another season or two with us then gone on to another challenge. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Because he jumped at the first opportunity that’s why I say it, could of had another season or two with us then gone on to another challenge. 

He's 35, he might not have another two seasons in him. And hardly jumping at the first opportunity given he was at the club 10 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

He's 35, he might not have another two seasons in him. And hardly jumping at the first opportunity given he was at the club 10 years.

He was one of the top 10 highest paid keepers in the world here, I’m not sure there were many that would’ve realistically matched or exceeded that.

A few tenuous links to united over the years given his name.

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

The most important thing for Kasper right now is to keep his position as the main GK for Denmark. He's also the vice captain there. I don't think he will be dropped for Ronnow but tonight's game against Croatia is important and he needs to avoid any mistakes. 

Would be funny if he was replaced by a keeper playing second fiddle to Ward who can’t get a game.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

He was one of the top 10 highest paid keepers in the world here, I’m not sure there were many that would’ve realistically matched or exceeded that.

A few tenuous links to united over the years given his name.

You know that for sure do you? You've seen every keeper in the world's p60.

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Would be funny if he was replaced by a keeper playing second fiddle to Ward who can’t get a game.

😀 Not happening though unless Iversen is picked for us (which I find bizarre isn't happening, he's a decent Danish GK, tall etc but this is another sad story). Ronnow and especially Christensen are good GKs. 

Guest Col city fan

Probably a daft question on here but does ANYONE know why one of our club legends was able to creep out the back door to Nice, without having any sort of send-off? 
I find it just wrong that this was allowed to happen 

43 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Probably a daft question on here but does ANYONE know why one of our club legends was able to creep out the back door to Nice, without having any sort of send-off? 
I find it just wrong that this was allowed to happen 

He didn't sneak out the back door, same with any summer transfer that happens while we're not playing, we're not going to organise a good bye party for him. 

He'll be back to salute the crowd soon I'm sure.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I wonder if he was 1 of the more vocal figures, in their dislike of Brendan and where he was taking us. Spoke to the "higher-ups" who knocked back his concerns, so thought sod it, and got his agent asking around.

**Tin hat firmly on

Not far off I think. 

19 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I wonder if he was 1 of the more vocal figures, in their dislike of Brendan and where he was taking us. Spoke to the "higher-ups" who knocked back his concerns, so thought sod it, and got his agent asking around.

**Tin hat firmly on

We'll know when Rodgers leaves I guess. Players tend to express their opinion about a manager after the sack. I'm certain both Kasper and Vardy will speak out as they're (were for Kasper) the most feisty characters in this team. A team which in my opinion is the softest in the history of PL in terms of character, passion and aggression on pitch towards opposition and refs. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like overly aggressive feisty players but it seems like our scouting has on priority players with shy, sentimental attributes. I think it's down to the management also. 

It is interesting to read some of the comments about Kasper at Nice thinking back to the rumours of player power at the KP and stories of him acting the "big I am" before the Forest Cup debacle. Maybe he was a bit too much of an influence in the dressing room and that put a few noses out of joint. I do wish he was still here though, somebody needs to kick these players into gear and it isn't looking like Rodgers is going to.